Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Ratings v Leicester (A)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Everyone should be back now (unless they had car problems leading to them staying over in leicester last night!).

Any ratings?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 6
Greer 5
El-Abd 6
Bridge 5
Bridcutt 6
Dicker 5
Dobbie (59) 3
Crofts 5
Hammond (78) 4
Buckley 5
Mackail-Smith 5
Barnes 4

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Glad I started the Dobbie trend - everyone flamed me back then after his first couple games now everyone is agreeing pretty much :)

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Kuszczak 7 Made some cracking saves.
Bruno 6.5 A little under par tonight but still showed some classy touches. Would be a 7 if we had won.
Greer 5 Very dissapointing. Could he be the weak link in the defence?
El-Abd 7 MOTM for me. Unlucky to be on the loosing side and made some great blocks.
Bridge 6.5 See Bruno
Bridcutt 6 Poor first half and gave the ball away far more than usual. 5 for the first half and a 7 for the second half.
Dicker 5 Don't even remember noticing him.
Dobbie (59) 3 And that is being generous. Looks fat and lazy, gave the ball away, contributed nothing except one half decent cross.
Crofts 6 Marginally better than Dicker but should come good again with match fitness.
Hammond (78) 4 Just ran around for 15 mins.
Buckley 6 Our only real threat tonight but looks a bit rusty after the injury.
Mackail-Smith 5 Ran around like a headless chicken lots. If i was marking purely on his finishing it would be a 3
Barnes 2 Joke of a player FULL STOP and must be blackmailing Gus to stay in the team.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Quite interesting how Buckley has been under-performing compared to last season.

This is part of the problem as he got us out of jail so many times last year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I listened to it on the radio, on the basis of that here are my ratings....

Kuszczak 7
Bruno 7
Greer 6
El Abd 8
Bridge 7
Buckley 7
Bridcutt 8
Crofts 6
Dicker 7
Barnes 6
CMS 7

Dobbie 6
Hammond 6

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I cannot rate every player but some thoughts from a fan who cannot regularly get to games :

Kuszczak : I was not impressed, chose to punch rather than catch too often. I did not feel confident of him

Back Four : did well in stemming the tide from the home team

Midfield : Overrun , passing was poor lost possession too easily

Barns : Could not finish

Mackail-Smith : worked really hard, did all his own running but could not find the killer shot

Dobbie : Where was he?

As for Leicester, they looked a good side, if this were a one-off result it would be no disgrace to lose to them - but worryingly , it is becoming a trend.........

Oh well. We look to Saturday now.........

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I was in with the Leicester fans last night with a mate and the crowd were very very pleased to hear the final whistle. While we knock the our team they thought we were the better side for long periods, the first 20 mins let us down

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee rating? According to the radio (WA) the first one was definitely a penalty and the Leicester player who gave away the penalty should be up before the beak for assault.

From the radio report:

It did seem that Nugent engineered their goal and for the rest of the match their forwards were getting no joy whatsoever. It sounded that Leicester expended too much energy and were blown up on 70 minutes. Kittens time for them. Then they brought on the substitutes and time ran out. No wonder they were pleased with the outcome.

Overall, it seemed a really battling hard match and Leicester battled above their normal standard and really fought hard for their win. After the missed penalty, it seemed like Dicker lost concentration, Dobbie could not get up to the pace of the game, but Hammond did not seem to have any trouble adjusting.

Leicester would not allow Albion any time on the ball. Also, Leicester early on were pressing our full backs. They could not keep it up and Albion then came into the game. It seemed we could have used a Jimmy Case type of player.

Also, it seemed that Leicester played like Sunderland play at home to the likes of Arsenal and they made it very difficult for Arsenal last season. With their full backs pressing up it made the midfield crowded and Albion had to watch the offside all the time. According to Hughton this pressing style is the way to counter the speedsters. I think it is a very dodgy way to play if the opponents can shoot straight. I think Leicester will have a lot of trouble against Palace. Two teams of the same type.

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I listened to it on the radio, on the basis of that here are my ratings....

Kuszczak 7
Bruno 7
Greer 6
El Abd 8
Bridge 7
Buckley 7
Bridcutt 8
Crofts 6
Dicker 7
Barnes 6
CMS 7

Dobbie 6