Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

Dec 29, 2011
I can see with Buckleys speed, why Gus switched Barnes and Buckley just before half time, but thought we looked so much better with Barnes in the middle at the beginning and end of the match. I wasn't convinced before yesterday but am coming round to thinking that Barnes can play the single striker role. He certainly did a good job of holding the ball up.

Looked strong last night, maybe it was the new haircut but he seemed to chest, header and hold the ball up better than ever before. If he was a little more technically astute he'd be a quality striker.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
We played much better than for weeks with him as lone striker
Went off the boil with Buckley in that role

What was most impressive was that Barnes has not played that role for a very long time.

I would like to see Ash given a run in his best position

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looked strong last night, maybe it was the new haircut but he seemed to chest, header and hold the ball up better than ever before. If he was a little more technically astute he'd be a quality striker.

Passed the ball nicely to...and it might hav been a tap in...but he got in the right position

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

He would need some pace and the ability shoot accurately too..... wouldn't he?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He would need some pace and the ability shoot accurately too..... wouldn't he?

Not the quickest, given, but one of the most accurate in the squad in front of goal

(and before it's said, i'm not sure there is a striker in the championship that would have hit the corner coming across his body more than 1 in 20)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
His shooting is sufficient, and I don't agree he needs pace. If he can hold the ball up and win headers like he did yesterday, pace isn't needed.

I'd agree his shooting is sufficient ...it only goes awry when he tries to leather the ball...then it goes miles wide....played well especially when the central man

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I think Barnes had one of his better games this season yesterday.... in fact, the whole team played well, up to about the hour mark, after which we pretty much got battered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here