Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Derby

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Barnes -7 (SEVEN) - (MINUS). Awful. Better off playing with ten men. At least the eliminated man can't give the ball away every time he gets it. Happened multiple times today, poor touch allowed them to break through the middle a number of times. Not a midfielder, not a left winger, not good enough to play up top on his own in our formation.

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Barnes -7 (SEVEN) - (MINUS). Awful. Better off playing with ten men. At least the eliminated man can't give the ball away every time he gets it. Happened multiple times today, poor touch allowed them to break through the middle a number of times. Not a midfielder, not a left winger, not good enough to play up top on his own in our formation.
I was listening to the game on the radio, and Barnes name got mentioned about 3 times, all of which were for half chances that he had blown. Sounded alarmingly quite, starting to become a similar story.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Great vide printer analogy. On the last couple of games evidence would be better of plying his trade in the highland league for Inverurie Locomotive works than the mighty stripes.

His thickness at times astounds me.

Genuinely better as a supporting striker/offensive player when he has literally no time to think before finishing with aplomb.

How many times does Gus need to see that sort of display to learn he's not a chuffing midfielder?

One word: GASH.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I was listening to the game on the radio, and Barnes name got mentioned about 3 times, all of which were for half chances that he had blown. Sounded alarmingly quite, starting to become a similar story.
What you talking about. Barnes is miles better than Murray and 90% of NSC thought hes better than CMS. Must of just had an off day.:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Great vide printer analogy. On the last couple of games evidence would be better of plying his trade in the highland league for Inverurie Locomotive works than the mighty stripes.

His thickness at times astounds me.

Genuinely better as a supporting striker/offensive player when he has literally no time to think before finishing with aplomb.

How many times does Gus need to see that sort of display to learn he's not a chuffing midfielder?

One word: GASH.

Who are you talking about?

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
What you talking about. Barnes is miles better than Murray and 90% of NSC thought hes better than CMS. Must of just had an off day.:facepalm:

I agree, Barnes is a great player. But the last 3/4 games, Barnes has been no where near where he should be. I see Barnes as a vital player in the sqaud, but he is becoming to realize that his space in the starting 11 isnt at any danger at the moment. He is not putting in as much effort as he was when CMS, Hosking etc was fit.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
TK - 7
Bruno - 7
Greer - 6
El-Abd - 6
Bridge - 6
Bridcutt - 8
Dicker - 6
Lopez - 6
Buckley - 6
Orlandi - 5
Barnes - 5

Dobbie - 6
Hammond - 6

Were you actually at the game?

PIG was outstanding, Bruno. Bridge and Bridcutt were ok. Others were distinctly average, with the exception of Dobbie who was a spineless, useless, waste of space.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I agree, Barnes is a great player. But the last 3/4 games, Barnes has been no where near where he should be. I see Barnes as a vital player in the sqaud, but he is becoming to realize that his space in the starting 11 isnt at any danger at the moment. He is not putting in as much effort as he was when CMS, Hosking etc was fit.

I think he's being sarcastic, as i've never seen him say anything good about Barnes.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Were you actually at the game?

PIG was outstanding, Bruno. Bridge and Bridcutt were ok. Others were distinctly average, with the exception of Dobbie who was a spineless, useless, waste of space.

No player on that pitch was outstanding today. PIG did everything he was asked to do very well but didnt have that much to actually do. 2 good saves in the second half but you would expect any decent keeper to make them. Personally I thought Bridcutt was our best player, he continually broke up their play and tried to drive us forward.

And that is a ridiculous comment about Dobbie. He was the only player who looked anywhere near capable of creating something for us but he had no help from Barnes, Orlandi or Lopez. Were you one of the fans shouting for him to f*** off back to Swansea in the second half then?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No player on that pitch was outstanding today. PIG did everything he was asked to do very well but didnt have that much to actually do. 2 good saves in the second half but you would expect any decent keeper to make them. Personally I thought Bridcutt was our best player, he continually broke up their play and tried to drive us forward.

And that is a ridiculous comment about Dobbie. He was the only player who looked anywhere near capable of creating something for us but he had no help from Barnes, Orlandi or Lopez. Were you one of the fans shouting for him to f*** off back to Swansea in the second half then?

Well, apart from the two outstanding saves in two minutes... ... ... lol

No I was not shouting at Dobbie, but clearly they saw the same as me and my friends.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

you must be referring to John. I understand now

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Kuszczak - 7

Bruno - 7
Greer - 6
El-Abd - 5
Bridge - 5

Dicker - 5
Bridcutt - 7
Lopez - 5
Orlandi - 5
Barnes - 4

Buckley - 6

Hammond - 4
Dobbie - 3

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Kuszczak - 7- Not much to do but made 2 excellent saves towards the end.

Bruno - 7- Popped up all over the place and defended well.
Greer - 6- tidy game
El-Abd - 4- distribution was awful and was caught out in defence often
Bridge - 6- defended well but lacked the killer ball in final 3rd

Dicker - 5- at times his first touch and passing was atrocious.
Bridcutt - 6- Sloppy on the ball but tackled well. Chose to pass when he had a clear shot at goal and then chose to shoot when in better position to pass.
Lopez - 5- far too quiet but everything he did, he did well. Should have hit the target but blazed over.
Orlandi - 5- Not really in the game and looked lightweight.
Barnes - 5- Looked very slow and laboured. A few nice passes and flicks.

Buckley - 5- Didn't influence the game before he went off.

Hammond - 4- Poor passing and nearly gave a goal away.
Dobbie - 6- Looked uncomfortable up top but made some superb flicks and runs.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Thought barnes looked okay, done decent with the service he got. Dobbie was horrendous, looked lazy and made the wrong runs. He is defiantly not a striker. We looked a lot better than the previous two game, Bruno have a positive impact. When CMS and Crofts are back we will start seeing better performances.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kuszczak - 7- Not much to do but made 2 excellent saves towards the end.

Bruno - 7- Popped up all over the place and defended well.
Greer - 6- tidy game
El-Abd - 4- distribution was awful and was caught out in defence often
Bridge - 6- defended well but lacked the killer ball in final 3rd

Dicker - 5- at times his first touch and passing was atrocious.
Bridcutt - 6- Sloppy on the ball but tackled well. Chose to pass when he had a clear shot at goal and then chose to shoot when in better position to pass.
Lopez - 5- far too quiet but everything he did, he did well. Should have hit the target but blazed over.
Orlandi - 5- Not really in the game and looked lightweight.
Barnes - 5- Looked very slow and laboured. A few nice passes and flicks.

Buckley - 5- Didn't influence the game before he went off.

Hammond - 4- Poor passing and nearly gave a goal away.
Dobbie - 6- Looked uncomfortable up top but made some superb flicks and runs.

classic!! they said on radio that he was MOM.

Gotta love the way people see the game differently.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 7
Greer 6
ElAbd 6
Bridge 6
Dicker 5
Bridcutt 7
Lopez 5
Orlandi 5
Barnes 5
Buckley 6

subs
Dobbie 5
Hammond 5

My MOM was Bruno

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
People giving Dobbie 6s makes me physically sick, he was f***ing gash. Slow lazy and couldn't hit a barn door. 0 is the best he deserves tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here