Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birthday announcements at the ground

At Withdean, all you had to do was stick your head through the door of the PA hut and ask Paul S to read out the message. Alternatively, you could text him, if you knew his number. The Club didn't necessarily get involved.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
What's Paul ever done to you, besides being a significant player in getting our club to where it is today?

well for starters, he insists on wishing over 13's Happy Birthday at half time, which as we all know, annoys the hell out of TCB

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
well for starters, he insists on wishing over 13's Happy Birthday at half time, which as we all know, annoys the hell out of TCB

And long may it continue! Must remember to invite TCB to Paul's company's quiz night, where of course he is Quizmaster!

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
You should count yourself lucky they bothered to tell you that they can't, I called the club last year and asked (for my 7 year old!) how I went about requesting a half time birthday announcement and they told me to e-mail a certain person which I did...that was last October and I'm still to get a response!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
My brother-in-law works for the bank that sponsors the local team here (Ghent) and he was also the stadium announcer, so he gets free tickets for the games. Last year he gave me a couple for a top match but it was my birthday and I didn't get to the match. The next day I found out that he'd put happy birthday to me on the scoreboard, I haven't had any tickets since then.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
This really winds me up actually. I don't give a shit who is celebrating a birthday. I'm there to watch a football match. Spend half time ENTERTAINING me, informing me of the other scores and offering Albion-related chat. Do not tell me that some attention seeking bore on the other side of the ground fancies their name being read out because they are marking an occasion that occurs for EVERYBODY every year and, once you're older than 18, means absolutely bugger all.
:bla:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Best thing ever was when the Sea Life Centre was the Dolphinarium. If it was your birthday and you were under about 9 or something you got to be pulled around the under-sized pool in a wee boat by a real live dolphin. The smarter kids had birthdays every time they went :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are these always done at half time (beginning, middle, end) or are any done before the match?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here