Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: YODEL... anyone had an on time delivery?

  1. #1
    Registered User VICENTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    73

    YODEL... anyone had an on time delivery?


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ordered astro shoes on Wednesday and paid for next day delivery with sports direct... Yodel received the item on Wednesday 19th evening as you could track it from then onwards.. stating it was out for delivery on the 20th...

    Nothing arrived, nor today, so spoke to someone who said they would deliver tonight up to 9pm for sure... but nothings come.

    Plus now when I track on-line it says it was delivered at 7pm and the signatory was 'Som' !!


    I thought it was DHL or similar and whats now 'YODEL' bought them out... Just seems from my experience that there's always a load of BS when i speak to them, forgetting to put my package on the van or that the van had broken down...

    I also ordered a camera a while back and yodel didn't deliver over a week past the shipping date...even though they collected it, out for delivery one day after ordering from amazon... they had to send another camera with another courier and reclaim the original packet themselves as it was taking so long sorting out the lies of where my packet was..

    Sorry to moan but cant see them now delivering on a Saturday am!!
    btw If your 'Som' and some new astros and golf balls have turned up...


    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        

       

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    39,003

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    YODEL deliver Saturdays and Sundays I think as I have seen their vans about and a neighbor delivered for them in her car for a while. She packed it in because somedays she didn't get her load until after 12 noon and had deliveries that were due for am delivery.

  3. #3
    The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...
    Posts
    4,727

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    They have always been fine with me (so far), even delivering at 8.00pm on a weekday night which meant I didn't need to take a day off work specially - however if they need a signature you might need to be there - I don't know what their policy is on leaving stuff with neighbours.

    Think you might be unlucky - or somebody is ripping off your parcels.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    39,003

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    One of my wife's friends delivers for a courier company in her car and says that more and more companies are demanding a signature for goods rather than her just leaving the parcel.

  5. #5
    Registered User VICENTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    73

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yeah, very frustrating paying for quick delivery or AM delivery as you say and nothing comes.. just ruins the day hanging around. I'm not surprised she packed it in, I'l see what the driver says when it eventually comes.. i'm sure they must get alot of stick from angry customers - it shouldn't but i'm sure it reflects back to Amazon/Sports direct etc when they do this..

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West, West, West Sussex.
    Posts
    1,861

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VICENTE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ordered astro shoes on Wednesday and paid for next day delivery with sports direct... Yodel received the item on Wednesday 19th evening as you could track it from then onwards.. stating it was out for delivery on the 20th...

    Nothing arrived, nor today, so spoke to someone who said they would deliver tonight up to 9pm for sure... but nothings come.

    Plus now when I track on-line it says it was delivered at 7pm and the signatory was 'Som' !!


    I thought it was DHL or similar and whats now 'YODEL' bought them out... Just seems from my experience that there's always a load of BS when i speak to them, forgetting to put my package on the van or that the van had broken down...

    I also ordered a camera a while back and yodel didn't deliver over a week past the shipping date...even though they collected it, out for delivery one day after ordering from amazon... they had to send another camera with another courier and reclaim the original packet themselves as it was taking so long sorting out the lies of where my packet was..

    Sorry to moan but cant see them now delivering on a Saturday am!!
    btw If your 'Som' and some new astros and golf balls have turned up...
    Have you looked outside your front door. I have known people to waste the entire day indoors waiting for a knock on the door and the delivery guy has just left it leaning against the front door....probably at 9am.
    Quote Originally Posted by superbez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barnes is/was/will always be shit. Glad we mugged Burnley for 750k

  7. #7
    Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SouthCoast
    Posts
    8,190

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my wife's friends delivers for a courier company in her car and says that more and more companies are demanding a signature for goods rather than her just leaving the parcel.
    Some delivery company's will not leave certain goods with neighbours-door stopping can result in gross misconduct and potential dismissal.
    In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

    Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

  8. #8
    111/212573/111232/11142- 8ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    16,896

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I wasn't in so YODEL left a delivery for me at the Corner shop.

  9. #9
    Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    12,534

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2 weeks in a row, ordered from Amazon. Goods didn't arrive so I checked their tracking system. Both times the driver had reported that he attempted delivery, nobody home so he left a card. Both times he was lying because I was in all day and no Yodel/HDNL person attempted delivery. A few emails and a couple of phone calls got my Prime subscription extended by 2 months.

    Not the first time this has happened. They are effing useless.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

  10. #10
    Registered User ferring seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,444

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my wife's friends delivers for a courier company in her car and says that more and more companies are demanding a signature for goods rather than her just leaving the parcel.
    Yeah ! a signature which one is supposed to add with a 'stilt' on an 'ice rink' of a surface - What is the point in that ?

    I defy anyone to actually create anything remotely resembling their signature under those circumstances.

    Just an observation like !

  11. #11
    Registered User VICENTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    73

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah ! a signature which one is supposed to add with a 'stilt' on an 'ice rink' of a surface - What is the point in that ?

    I defy anyone to actually create anything remotely resembling their signature under those circumstances.

    Just an observation like !
    The chap gave me a car key to sign it with the other day at work...
    Last edited by VICENTE; 21-09-2012 at 21:43.

  12. #12
    Space Oddity Beach Hut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Living In a Box
    Posts
    57,991

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah ! a signature which one is supposed to add with a 'stilt' on an 'ice rink' of a surface - What is the point in that ?

    I defy anyone to actually create anything remotely resembling their signature under those circumstances.

    Just an observation like !
    The fact if signed means responsibility transfers from the courier company - simples
    I surrender all control
    To the desire that consumes me whole
    Leads me by the hand to infinity
    Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

  13. #13
    Registered User ferring seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,444

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact if signed means responsibility transfers from the courier company - simples
    Yes, but the point is NO-ONE can actually achieve any sort of 'signature' which would stand up in a court of law.

  14. #14
    Registered User VICENTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    73

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but the point is NO-ONE can actually achieve any sort of 'signature' which would stand up in a court of law.
    Plus as I say the signatory is 'Som' my name and the details on the package have nothing to do with that name... how are they allowed to do that without permission? Sometimes you can give special instructions and tick to leave package son the door etc as mentioned but not for this...

  15. #15
    Registered User Camicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Peoples republic of Yorkshire
    Posts
    619

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yodel deliver all my OU stuff all seems to arrive. But then Im not sure when its supposed to arrive so cant tell if they are efficent or not

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •