Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Earth Live Cockpit View of Planes Landing at Gatwick

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I just flown to Sweden and landed in a Housing Estate at 500 feet. Quick phone the Fire Brigade and Ambulance! ???
I presume this is new Chicken Run, as I've never noticed it before on Flight Radar ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Awesome site. Shame that the cockpit view isn't the real cockpit view.

Interesting to see the routes these planes take and where they are going to and from...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I just flown to Sweden and landed in a Housing Estate at 500 feet. Quick phone the Fire Brigade and Ambulance! ???
I presume this is new Chicken Run, as I've never noticed it before on Flight Radar ?

I've been on an off this site for months, sad as it sounds its pretty accurate, just as the Virgin Atlantic in from Cancun came over Burgess today sure enough I stuck my head out the window and it was flying over.

If you can select a London City approach flight, fantastic view as you come into to land towards Canary Warf

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Click on link, then click on a plane, info margin on left will tell you where its heading, then select "cockpit view" button at bottom, hours of fun. :blush:

You had me all excited thinking it was going to be a live view - it's just the Google Earth view using the real co-ordinates. Having worked on real flight-simulators (if that's not an oxymoron) for 7 years in the 80s, this would have been a revelation.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You had me all excited thinking it was going to be a live view - it's just the Google Earth view using the real co-ordinates. Having worked on real flight-simulators (if that's not an oxymoron) for 7 years in the 80s, this would have been a revelation.
Trick mate, the clue surely was in the title?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Click on link, then click on a plane, info margin on left will tell you where its heading, then select "cockpit view" button at bottom, hours of fun. :blush:

Another good site is Flightdiary , you can join up with your Facebook account and keep a record of your flights. You get them all shown on a map with the data. If you put in a future flight, you can tick a box and when it takes off it will post a message to your Facebook wall with a link to the flightradar24 page tracking the flight you're on live. Awesome stuff.

Here's mine: jason stainer | Flightdiary

Whim

Sep 19, 2012
If you go on Google Earth - tools - enter flight simulator, you can fly the planes yourself!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Okay I have a question about the flight paths. Do flights tend to follow the same flight path? For example will a flight leaving Gatwick today for Barcelona follow the same flight path as the same flight leaving in 2 weeks time? I guess that take off and the approach to the airport may be slightly different depending on the other traffic in the area.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here