Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings for tonight from those of you that were at the game please lads....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ta v much.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Everyone a 6

A scrappy well fought 1 0

Maybe Buckley a 7 but went missing last 30 mins
Defence was solid maybe Greer & al abd a 7
It was so scrappy no one player really stood out

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Gk kuszcak 8
RB bruno 7
Lb bridge 8
Cb el-abd 9
Cb Greer 9
Cm bridcutt 8
Cm Hammond 7
Cm dicker 7
Rm Buckley 8
Lm Orlandi 7
Str CMS 8

Back four and keeper were superb tonight.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Orlandi 7? Did you go!! A 4 from me

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
To me this is why this season will be different. Exactly the sort of game wed lose last season. I think I'm more pleased with thus result than Friday's.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Pole in goal - 8 (dependable as ever) bar saved him second half.
Bruno - 7 (not a good as Friday)
Greer - 7 ok today
Abs - 7 couple of off balls but defended like a Trojan at the end
Bridge - 7 worked well with buckers tonight
Bridders - 6 not on his game
Dicker -6 some intelligent balls but muscled off too easily
Buckers - 7 tailed off but electric pace end of first half / start of second. Had their full back in his pocket
Orlandi - 6 ok bit needs better quality final ball
Hammond - 6 ok but never really got going
Cms - 8.5 worked his socks off and we missed him when he went off
Referee - 10. Two blatant pens let go IMHO, and allowed Barnes to stay on the pitch. Legend

Subs
Barnes- 6.5 needs to control his temper but was better than Orlandi I'm my opinion
Dobbie - 5. Slow and looked a bit lazy at times
Calders - 7 not on for long but stepped up when needed.

Overall - 6. We ground it out but were hugely lucky. Ugly wins and three points work for me.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Forgot to say I'd give Gus an 8 as we were right under pressure till he had a word with Bridcutt then we took over

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Gk kuszcak 8
RB bruno 7
Lb bridge 8
Cb el-abd 9
Cb Greer 9
Cm bridcutt 8
Cm Hammond 7
Cm dicker 7
Rm Buckley 8
Lm Orlandi 7
Str CMS 8

Back four and keeper were superb tonight.

Just a little to high all round, take two marks off per player for a more rounded score.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
GK kuszcak 8 controlled area
RB bruno 7 attacking then faded
Lb bridge 6 not as incisive as can be
Cb el-abd 7 solid but distribution fell away
Cb Greer 7 as el-abd
Cm bridcutt 7 allowed opposition to control him for most of second half
Cm Hammond 6 solid presence, failed to control ball second half
Cm dicker 5 good first half, misplaced passes 2nd half
Rm Buckley 6 was in the defence pocket second half, poor runs through
Lm Orlandi 5 poor movement off the ball
Str CMS 7 should have put in another, good pen but lucky to be awarded

All in all, not the best day at the office, but still a great team to have to watch.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Buckley 8
Bruno 7.5
Kuszak 7.78
Bridge 7.534
Ad 7.457
Orlando 5.975

Everyone else 7.12 and a little bit

Scooby doobie a bit less than that

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Buckley 8
Bruno 7.5
Kuszak 7.78
Bridge 7.534
Ad 7.457
Orlando 5.975

Everyone else 7.12 and a little bit

Scooby doobie a bit less than that

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Kuszczack 7 - Did everything well with competence, distribution not great but did very well with crosses.
Bruno 6 - One of the better players good outlet from defence
El abd 7 - Generally did well against a lot of robust challenges from Iwelumo
Greer 6 - Did what was needed defending against a barrage of attacks
Bridge 6 - again a good outlet
Hammond 6 - played enthusiasticaly and did ok, one or two wayward passes and I think it was him who looked like they should have scored (it was up the other end)
Bridcutt 5 - not his best game gave the ball away too much and lacked awareness once or twice.
Dicker 4 - didnt control the midfield and seemed a little out of the game for much of it.(I could be doing him an injustice as his role is less obvious than others Im sure others can comment better)
Orlandini 3 - looked disturbingly like Harley large parts of the game passed him by
Buckley 8 - looked lively throughout and created some good chances
CMS 7 - ran his socks off and created the penalty that he smashed down the middle, missed a good chance late on.

Barnes - performed well when he came on, at a difficult time when we were facing a barrage of attacks
Dobbie - A little disappointing in that he looked a bit sulky when he came on to replace CMS, hes no target man so its a bit unfair but I'd have liked to see more from him.
Calderon - not enough time to judge

Overall a good performance from the defence and CMS, the midfield were poor, for long periods in the second half we were constantly second to the ball and ended up defending deeper and deeper and faced lots of crosses as we gave them too much space, with a better striker Watford could easily have got a point or more. However we won and thats a great sign if we're winning when not playing at our best, much better than last year thats for sure and at periods we asserted ourselves and played some good football.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That game was reminiscent of the Burnley home game in the way we played, the last half hour was all defence with the occasional long ball up top.

Kuszczak - 7. Don't really recall him having to make a proper save, but he caught crosses well and his distribution was much better tonight.

Bruno - 8. Not as good as he was on Friday, but still good in defence and played some nice forward balls. Hopefully he's not injured.
El-Abd - 7.5. Did what he had to.
Greer - 8.5. Had Iwelumo in his pocket.
Bridge - 8. He really is quality. Linked up well with Buckley.

Bridcutt - 7. Did well considering he was man-marked for the majority of the game.
Dicker - 7. Strong AND flair! Gus, what have you done with Gary? We'll keep this one please.
Hammond - 7. Unlucky not to score (again).

Buckley - 7.5. Did pretty well on the left wing for once. Was pretty much a left back for most of the second half though. Should've scored though.
Mackail-Smith - 8. Great work rate (as ever) and kept up the scoring record. Unlucky to give away so many fouls from where I was, it seemed like their players fell over as soon as he ran near them.
Orlandi - 6. Got a bit bullied this evening to be honest.

-----

Dobbie - 6. Couldn't make much impact after we moved to a 9-0-1 formation for the last part of the game.
Barnes - 5. Fortunate not to have been sent off after his retaliation. He's gonna get suspended pretty soon at this rate. Couldn't add anything to the team but was a more defensive option than Orlandi.
Calderon - n/a. Wasn't really on the pitch long enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczack 7
Bruno 6
El Abd 8.5
Greer 6
Bridge 6
Hammond 6
Bridcutt 6
Dicker 5
Orlandi 4
Buckley 8
CMS 7

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It's interesting how we all see things differently is it not? Not seeing many games in their entirety I thought Bridcutt was excelent and BOG tonight for me despite getting lumps kicked out of him in the first half. I agree the defence was awesome tonight with for me Greer, Kuzcak and Bridge better than the other two. The midfiled (Bridcutt aside) was the weak link for me tonight as they just kept standing off and when they had the ball gave it away far too much. I thought CMS was great and Buckley, after a few early shockers, had their right back in his pocket to the extent he spent ages faking an injury and was later subbed. Buckley easily looked our best threat I thought.
So,
Kuzcak - 9
Bruno - 7 (gave the ball away too much, unlike his imperious performance on Friday)
El Abd - 7
Greer - 9 (once he swapped with El Abd he totally nullified Ilwumo, and led a very dogged reargaurd effort)
Bridge - 8
Bridcutt - 9
Dicker - 5
Hammond - 4
Orlandi - 4
Buckley - 8
CMS - 8
Subs
Barnes - 5 (sulky, bad body language and attiude but very good in the air - a strange effort)
Dobbie - n/a (not on long enough to rate and kept having the ball lumped up to him, hardly his strength I'd have thought)
Calderon - n/a (only on for a few minutes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here