Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers back!

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Approx 30 caravans on the cricket/kids footy pitches between Old Shoreham Road and West Hove Sainsbury. No games this weekend!

Dec 29, 2011
I don't know how they get away with it. Pay no tax or contribute any way to society. Trespass or take up public land depending on their mood and they don't even clear up after themselves. It's a f***ing joke.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If they a small white pony, then they have just been kicked off Carden Park,

Burning is not good enough for them, they need to be lined up and shot one by one.

Also the council need to "grow a pair and man up" sort it out once and for all.:annoyed:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't know how they get away with it. Pay no tax or contribute any way to society. Trespass or take up public land depending on their mood and they don't even clear up after themselves. It's a f***ing joke.

I think the general public would have more respect for them if they didn't leave a pile of shit behind them every time.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
The law should change, but it should be fair. They should be given large & good quality designated sites but as a result it should be strictly unlawful for them to reside in public spaces paid for by tax payers.

Or how about they get off their lazy fat arses and work for a living to earn the right to occupy a space/land/house/caravan/shed and stop expecting a free handout. Better still piss off back to whence they came.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The law should change, but it should be fair. They should be given large & good quality designated sites but as a result it should be strictly unlawful for them to reside in public spaces paid for by tax payers.

Given? Why? They should be forced to pay for them, like everyone else has to pay for where they live!

The old bill are shit scared to deal with them for crimes, let alone anything else. This country is just too soft with them. They need deporting back to Ireland.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
I'm setting up my tent on the centre circle at the Amex as we speak. What are they going to do about it?

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
I believe that travellers have as much right to live on the land that the queen owns as anyone else in the country does. I believe people should be able to opt out of being a taxpayer in a similar way that travellers do. Essentially I don't think ownership of land is a good thing, and unused land should be made available to communities such as travellers rather than there being a constant fight between councils over tax paid public spaces. The law should enforce immediate eviction from tax paid public spaces in return for fair & quality designated land for them to live on.

But if you opt out of paying tax why should you be designated a free space that is paid for by TAX.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I believe that travellers have as much right to live on the land that the queen owns as anyone else in the country does. I believe people should be able to opt out of being a taxpayer in a similar way that travellers do. Essentially I don't think ownership of land is a good thing, and unused land should be made available to communities such as travellers rather than there being a constant fight between councils over tax paid public spaces. The law should enforce immediate eviction from tax paid public spaces in return for fair & quality designated land for them to live on.

What a load of old shite
arts-graphics-2008_1185269a.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Bit like communism great idea until you introduce humans them the theory falls apart. However travellers are not human and should be dealt with accordingly no sympathy at all.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
When I worked at that Sainsbury's (many years ago), they'd send their kids in to steal, the security guards would do NOTHING about it. Because they didn't want the hassle. I distinctly remember one of them saying 'Would YOU go over there?' - bloody right I wouldn't.

Thefts went through the roof until they left.

I wouldn't mind if they genuinely tried to be good neighbours. They could move during the day so kids can play their matches. They could pretend to be nice, they could even (God forbid) not leave a huge pile of shit behind when they leave. But they don't because they just don't give one single f***.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here