Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF - RIP Robert Eaton

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I reckon Robert would be so proud of what has been achieved in his name.

I do know that the Eaton family and his Mum and Dad find great solace in the fund.

Although it will never bring their Son back they are so proud and grateful of everyone's efforts in making the fund what it is.

Feb 14, 2010
I remember 11/9 as if it was yesterday which goes to show how quickly time flies. When we all look back as individuals on what has happened and what we have all done since 9/11 then that for me shows what he lost.

Just a thought and maybe controversial with the club but with all the money flowing around transfers then if the player made a £100 donation to REMF when the deal goes through then that would be good PR for everyone and a nice little tradition to start.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Out of interest, how many people on here knew him personally?

An amazing legacy, and very sad he never got to see the Amex.

Played with Rob for his Saturday football team 4th/8th Hove & against him on Sundays when he was with Station Hotel. Lovely guy & those were Great times, some hard games but good memories that won't be forgotten

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
I reckon Robert would be so proud of what has been achieved in his name.

I do know that the Eaton family and his Mum and Dad find great solace in the fund.

Although it will never bring their Son back they are so proud and grateful of everyone's efforts in making the fund what it is.

This.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
£120k raised, that is truly fantastic. Massive credit to all.

Does anyone know who the Seagull fan was who got out of the Towers that day? It was a guy who used to attend Seagulls Over London meetings, blimey, must have been 15 years ago. For those who were on the away trips SOL arranged, I think he was the fella who used to read out the local match reports to the carriage on the way home. With all the attention we give to REMF, I often wonder how it makes him feel, when it could so easily have been him who didn't get out that day as well.

One of the truly horrific events of my lifetime. RIP, one and all.

That would be me. I worked as a consultant for the Port Authority of NY & NJ on the PA's airport access program. Our office space was on the 63rd floor of 1 WTC, the north tower, but, thanfully lower down than the Cantor Fitzgerald floors and, critically, below the impact zone on the north face of the tower. It was a long walk down but the most traumatic part was the collapse of the south tower, pretty much the same time as I got out onto street level.
I never met Rob but we did have an email exchange just before the fateful day, looking to arrange beers. I got to know Zig pretty well, we helped out with post 9/11 events in NYC, placing the Albion shirt in Union square that was brought over by another Albion fan, going out to Queens to see Los Peloditos etc. Some of this story was captured in a BBC documentary, Helen Mirren who narrated, approached Steve (Zig) and I in Union Square when we positioning the shirt amongst all the other tibutes.
REMF has done great work - and i'm sure will continue to do so.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Played with Rob for his Saturday football team 4th/8th Hove & against him on Sundays when he was with Station Hotel. Lovely guy & those were Great times, some hard games but good memories that won't be forgotten

I was Station Hotels 3rd team manager and believe it not was a sub for 4th & 8th in a cup final match---cant remember who against. As I said he was a popular feller and I will never forget hearing his name mentioned a few days after 911. I spent the evening on the phone with all the lads he played with---shocking time :bhasign:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That would be me. I worked as a consultant for the Port Authority of NY & NJ on the PA's airport access program. Our office space was on the 63rd floor of 1 WTC, the north tower, but, thanfully lower down than the Cantor Fitzgerald floors and, critically, below the impact zone on the north face of the tower. It was a long walk down but the most traumatic part was the collapse of the south tower, pretty much the same time as I got out onto street level.
I never met Rob but we did have an email exchange just before the fateful day, looking to arrange beers. I got to know Zig pretty well, we helped out with post 9/11 events in NYC, placing the Albion shirt in Union square that was brought over by another Albion fan, going out to Queens to see Los Peloditos etc. Some of this story was captured in a BBC documentary, Helen Mirren who narrated, approached Steve (Zig) and I in Union Square when we positioning the shirt amongst all the other tibutes.
REMF has done great work - and i'm sure will continue to do so.

Thanks for coming back with an all too rare post, and such a comeplling one as well.

That must have seemed like a surreal enough moment already, as you placed the shirt in Union Sq. but to have Helen Mirren come up to you at that time as well. What did she say to you?

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I think she was drawn to us because we had the BBC crew filming and she may have picked up the accents. It was very busy, lots of people milling about in Union Sq. reading the tributes, taking time to reflect etc. I think she pretty much said, 'who is the tribute for' or something similar, once we explained she became very engaged and quickly offered - for no fee, her time to narrate. Just one of many, many surreal experiences at that time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
http://letsrollforums.com/robert-eaton-key-figure-t26644.html?

Has anyone else picked up on this 'Lets Roll' conspiracy theory debate?

Aside from feeling slightly offended on a personal level it's absolutly outrageous to be digging around into the background of victims, in this instance, Robert.

How very sad that they feel the need to question the death of an individual in such a way and to question the verity of RE's family. Actually it's not sad, it's sick.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
http://letsrollforums.com/robert-eaton-key-figure-t26644.html?

Has anyone else picked up on this 'Lets Roll' conspiracy theory debate?

Aside from feeling slightly offended on a personal level it's absolutly outrageous to be digging around into the background of victims, in this instance, Robert.

With respect to the thread, Robert Eaton's name, his Family and the REMF, can this be taken off the thread. It is hugely offensive to everyone who has put in huge amounts of work and money towards the fund and also more importantly to the Eaton Family who come on here from time to time to look at the REMF threads.

I, on a personal level have stood by the side of Douglas and Laura Eaton and seen their tears on many occassions when donations and presentations are made for on behalf lost Son and that is in public so God only knows what they have gone through in private. If they saw this it would pretty much devastate them. I will not comment on the conspircy theory but pretty much everything that has been said is inaccurate and can be shot to pieces in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've been working in New York this week and had a free day today, so I went down to the 9/11 memorial and looked for Robert Eaton's name. It occured to me just what an amazing period of Albion history Robert has missed. Those of us who have lived through it should be thankful instead of moaning about the January transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here