Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Littlehampton - what is it like for a family day out?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
West Beach is far nicer than the more popular East Beach, and it's not as isolated as it once was because there's now a passenger 'ferry' which will take you across for £1 a person (I think).

Yep agree with that and the Fred's chippy comment.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'm biased coz I was born there! Big beach, good cafes both E & W beach, Norfolk/Mewesbrook Park with swimming pool miniature railway & crazy golf, funfair by the river, little museum + separate look and see centre if that's your thang. I reckon you could spend a happy day there, as long as it doesn't piss down. Oh, hang on........................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haven't been for some time and always used to like to sit down and have skate and chips in Oscars, where is Freds?

Would like to give it a try when visiting sister in law in Wick.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
winkle island when the tide is out. Nice chippy in river road. And for the brave a visit to town for a quiet pint. Shame the true blue is shut, but there is always the labour club opposite, you could allways get my uncle to buy you a pint. Loved it growing up.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Littlehampton is all about the beach and riverside and as others have mentioned has some nice boating lakes, play areas and a great open space near the beach for picnics and BBQ's. Buy some localy cought fish from the fish stool by the pier and stick it on the BBQ.

Great for kids under 12 and when the sun is sining a great place to be, town centre is not great but it's a small town so what do you expect? You don't go to Littlehampton for the shopping!

Some nice cafe's/restaurants serving localy cought fish to. Lived there for 4 years now and love it.

Some people can be negative about LA and totaly overlook the riverside and beaches which are great!!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Went there the other week got locked in the toilet, then flew a kite and had a crap cup of tea, then had a lovely afternoon in Worthing

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't worry. I might not be perfect, but I'm not scum and you have to be scum to want to be in Littlehampton.

What an idiotic statement. I like Littlehampton. Smashing beach, except for the hideous modern sculpture masquerading as art.

Can only assume you are fishing. I wouldn't like to imagine that you really were that stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here