Seaford
Kuszczak 8 MOM Some excellent saves and looked very confident
Bruno 7 Great going forward but caught a couple of times defensively
Greer 7 Solid
El-Abd 7.5 Kept Helguson under lock and key
Bridge 8 Classy
Bridcutt 6.5 Not his best game, not his worst
Crofts 7 Busy
Dicker ... I honestly can't rate as I genuinely can't recall anything he did at all. Not a criticism, just didn't notice him
Barnes 6 Did his defensive work well as usual but verged on Suarez levels of profligacy
CMS 7 Very busy and much improved but still needs more support
Noone 6 Flashes of brilliance marred by yet more terrible deliveries. Mind you his dead balls were pretty good

Subs
Vicente and Harley not really on long enough
Lua Lua 7 Lively and busy

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczak 8 MOM Some excellent saves and looked very confident
Bruno 7 Great going forward but caught a couple of times defensively
Greer 7 Solid
El-Abd 7.5 Kept Helguson under lock and key
Bridge 8 Classy
Bridcutt 6.5 Not his best game, not his worst
Crofts 7 Busy
Dicker ... I honestly can't rate as I genuinely can't recall anything he did at all. Not a criticism, just didn't notice him
Barnes 6 Did his defensive work well as usual but verged on Suarez levels of profligacy
CMS 7 Very busy and much improved but still needs more support
Noone 6 Flashes of brilliance marred by yet more terrible deliveries. Mind you his dead balls were pretty good

Subs
Vicente and Harley not really on long enough
Lua Lua 7 Lively and busy

Pretty much go along with all of that.

Dicker hides as much as possible, he's like a ghost on the pitch no wonder you didn't notice him.

Bringing on Harley with 10 mins to go looked like the most pointless substitution made, ever. And Harley made sure it was.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really great game. One of the best nil nils I've seen. Draw probably a fair result. Good to know we can play that well without Vicente. But WE DO NEED TO SCORE A GOAL.

Kusczask 8. Great double save and looked strong all match. Distribution much improved compared with the Chelsea game.

Bruno 8. Defended well. One excellent shot and one ballooned over the bar. An exciting player.

Greer 8. Good game. Won most stuff in the air.

ElAbd 8. Better than Dunk. Some great bloks and defended with confidence and skill.

Bridge 9. Excellent defending and going forward.

Bridcutt 7. Loses a point for some sloppy passing in the second half. Otherwise a very good performance and bossed the area in front of the defenders.

Dicker 7. Much better game than I had expected.

Crofts 8. Gets through a lot of work and brings steadiness to midfield. Good to have him back.

Noone 7. Better performance. End product much improved and most of his corners were spot on.

Barnes 7. Worked hard. Deserved a goal.

CMS 8. Not a big fan, but he worked bloody hard tonight and deserved a goal. Looked like he might be back to his best. Good news!

Subs:
Lua Lua 7.Didn't see a lot of the ball, but some good crosses.
Harley. Not on long enough.
Vicente. Ditto, but why bring him on to play striker??

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kuszczak - great to have a solid keeper now. saved us a couple of times - 8
bruno - defended ok and unlucky with an effort their keeper managed to get round a post - 6
bridge - MOM. looked great when he got forward. really getting his fitness levels sorted now - 8
Greer - Not the greatest in the air but pretty decent on the deck. - 6
El -Abd - not the prettiest but effective at what he does, solid enough game - 7
Crofts - will be a better player with more quality around him, sound enough game - 6
Dicker - Looked ponderous again and very stand offish, the game seems to pass him by at times at this level - 5
Noone - Tried but couldnt shake the defenders off him, needs to add more quality to his game - 6
Bridcutt - His usual self, breaking up play effectively. sound game - 7
Barnes - Got himself in great positions but failed when it really mattered, 2 great chances missed - rightly subbed - 5
CMS - Usual hard working performance but never really threatend in 90mins, pushed out wide last 10mins when vicente came on, very odd - 6

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dicker did quite a lot. He played one crossfield ball that found Noone on the left wing which was impressive. The other things he did all basically ended up with giving the ball away. So for scores on the door, he only deserves a 1 for managing to put his shirt on the right way round!

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Dicker did quite a lot. He played one crossfield ball that found Noone on the left wing which was impressive. The other things he did all basically ended up with giving the ball away. So for scores on the door, he only deserves a 1 for managing to put his shirt on the right way round!

Not even very funny...

Some people are unbelievable. Bridcutt was poor tonight and crofts fairly anonymous. He played at least 3 fantastic cross field balls and a number of other incisive passes. His vision is incredible but it is a shame that often he seems to try to much (and not enough in other situations). By no means the best player on the pitch as the back 5 were very solid, particularly Bridge, but definitely not the worst on the night. He does need to improve to maintain a place in this team though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 7.5 - strong arms, great saves, looked lucky on a couple of occasions
Bruno 7 - decent.
Greer 6.5 - Seems reluctant to move forward, had space but would rather stand still while trying to decide who to pass to
El-Abd 7.5 - Strong, determined
Bridge 8.5 - Got forward with ease.
Bridcutt 7 - Frustratingly schizophrenic. Some times he would back off, afraid to tackle or too light weight in the challenge, other times he put in great strong challenges. Gave possession away too easily, made some great passes
Crofts 7 - Very hard to judge, from behind he looks like barnes and dicker, from afar he looks like a stranger, so it was hard to be sure of what was him. I think he took the ball down well on his chest and put a dangerous ball in the six yard box.
Dicker 7 - As the game wore on, he seemed to make more mistakes, but early on had some god passes.
Barnes 6.5 - good defensively, got a cross or two in, but lacked conviction with his finishing. Think some people around me were too harsh on him when he got through and the ball wouldn't sit down for him and cardiff cleared it.
CMS 6.5 - goal line clearance when kuszczack was beaten, worked hard, but still lacking the confidence to finish his chances.
Noone 6.5 - final ball was lacking, showed flashes of pace, but still seems to be missing something

Subs
Lua Lua 6.5 - He seems less exciting when he comes off the bench, doesn't run at people as much, seems too hesitant to take players on and indecisive when in forward positions
Vicente - not on long enough for a rating, but I think from what I've seen he is wasted as a forward. He needs to be involved in the middle
Harley - Not on long enough

Again, like last season, too often we back off defensively, giving opponents time and space on the ball. We need to pressure them more and try to get possession back quicker.

Our strikers are clearly lacking confidence, I think with confidence they can achieve, but it's just not there at the moment.

It's still too early in the season to read too much into results regarding finishing position, but I less optimistic than I was at this point last season.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
We really were missing that link between bridcutt/crofts and CMS - playing vicente instead of Dicker and pushing him on IMO would be perfect.

Agree with JBizzle ratings

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 7 Superb saves but was beaten in the first half & saved by CMS
Bruno 7
Greer 7
El-Abd 7
Bridge 8
Bridcutt 6
Crofts 6
Dicker 6
Barnes 6
CMS 7
Noone 7

LuaLua 7

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszczak 9 Really showed what we have been missing. Double save got us a point.MOM
Bruno 8 Gets forward and unlucky not to score.
Greer 7 Steady but wish that he would move the ball quicker. Sometimes looks confused as to what he should do with the ball
El Abd 8 Brilliant interceptions and looks like he is cementing the position again this season
Bridcutt 8 Tired towards the end and gave the ball away, but our best midfielder by a country mile
Bridge 8 Close to MOM and will get better as he gets fitter
Barnes 6 Seem to struggle to get into the game, but ok
Dicker 4 Looked lacking confidence on the ball found the opposing players more than his team mates
Crofts 6 Looks a bit off the pace. Not one of his better games, but he will get there.
Noone 7 Better allround performance and not such a bad end product. Looked a threat at times
CMS 8 Good saving header of the line. First touch improved massively and kept their defence on their toes all night until he was unexplicably dropped into midfield for last ten minutes.

Lua Lua 6 Good shot and one or two runs, but defensively he is suspect
Vicente 6 Not involved why play him up front. Not playing to his strengths
Harley 5 Not sure what he brings to the team. Not game changer.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuszczak 8 Confident display
Bruno 7 Like him, great shot, shocking but funny shot
Greer 6 Passing at times needs to be quicker and more accurate
El-Abd 7 Such a pity this man can't grow taller
Bridge 7 Solid
Bridcutt 6 OK mostly but did give it away on occasions
Crofts 6 OK
Dicker 5 I like Dicker but he just not quicker enough, the London Eye turns quicker than he does.
Barnes 5 Failed to hit the target when well placed and his attempt at getting a penalty in the first half was awful, stand up man!
CMS 7 Busy but needs that strike partner
Noone 6 Can't hit a moving ball but his set pieces were good

Subs
Not on long enough

Ref 8

Overall an exciting game for a nil nil but again we could have easily lost it. The lack of a target man is so obvious.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Really great game. One of the best nil nils I've seen. Draw probably a fair result. Good to know we can play that well without Vicente. But WE DO NEED TO SCORE A GOAL.

Kusczask 8. Great double save and looked strong all match. Distribution much improved compared with the Chelsea game.

Bruno 8. Defended well. One excellent shot and one ballooned over the bar. An exciting player.

Greer 8. Good game. Won most stuff in the air.

ElAbd 8. Better than Dunk. Some great bloks and defended with confidence and skill.

Bridge 9. Excellent defending and going forward.

Bridcutt 7. Loses a point for some sloppy passing in the second half. Otherwise a very good performance and bossed the area in front of the defenders.

Dicker 7. Much better game than I had expected.

Crofts 8. Gets through a lot of work and brings steadiness to midfield. Good to have him back.

Noone 7. Better performance. End product much improved and most of his corners were spot on.

Barnes 7. Worked hard. Deserved a goal.

CMS 8. Not a big fan, but he worked bloody hard tonight and deserved a goal. Looked like he might be back to his best. Good news!

Subs:
Lua Lua 7.Didn't see a lot of the ball, but some good crosses.
Harley. Not on long enough.
Vicente. Ditto, but why bring him on to play striker??

But still not good enough - the weak link in the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuczczak - 7
Bruno - 8
Bridge - 9
Greer - 6
El-Abd - 7
Crofts - 7
Dicker - 6
Bridcutt - 6
Noone - 8
Barnes - 5
CMS - 6
Lua-Lua - 6

Stumpy Tim

Bringing on Harley with 10 mins to go looked like the most pointless substitution made, ever. And Harley made sure it was.

:lolol::lolol:

Kuszczak - 8.5. Absolute quality. MOM
Bruno - 7. Better going forward than defending, though he did have to mark Bellamy
Bridge - 8. Good going forward, but also saved us a couple of times with his covering. He's only going to get better too
Greer - 6.5. Decent game
El -Abd - 7. Slightly better than Greer
Crofts - 7. Busy
Dicker - 7. Some of his passing was sublime, but mixed it with some poor stuff too. Normal Dicker performance
Noone - 6.5. Looks better in the middle than out wide. Still no end product out wide.
Bridcutt - 7. Effective as always
Barnes - 5.5. Poor game, and I'm very much a fan. Didn't happen for him
CMS - 7.5. Busy, much improved first touch, and caused problems. Goals will come if he plays like that more often

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kuszczak 9 Really showed what we have been missing. Double save got us a point.MOM
Bruno 8 Gets forward and unlucky not to score.
Greer 7 Steady but wish that he would move the ball quicker. Sometimes looks confused as to what he should do with the ball
El Abd 8 Brilliant interceptions and looks like he is cementing the position again this season
Bridcutt 8 Tired towards the end and gave the ball away, but our best midfielder by a country mile
Bridge 8 Close to MOM and will get better as he gets fitter
Barnes 6 Seem to struggle to get into the game, but ok
Dicker 4 Looked lacking confidence on the ball found the opposing players more than his team mates
Crofts 6 Looks a bit off the pace. Not one of his better games, but he will get there.
Noone 7 Better allround performance and not such a bad end product. Looked a threat at times
CMS 8 Good saving header of the line. First touch improved massively and kept their defence on their toes all night until he was unexplicably dropped into midfield for last ten minutes.

Lua Lua 6 Good shot and one or two runs, but defensively he is suspect
Vicente 6 Not involved why play him up front. Not playing to his strengths
Harley 5 Not sure what he brings to the team. Not game changer.

Excellent write up that, wish I could do that. 100% behind all ratings

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Kuszczak - 9
Bridge - 8
El-Abd - 8
Greer - 6
Bruno - 8
Dicker - 6
Bridcutt - 7
Crofts - 7
Barnes - 5
Noone -8
CMS - 7

Lua Lua - 6
Vicente - 5
Harley - 5

Poyet - Made wrong decision on subs. Vicente came on too late and he should put Agdestein on for a good 30 minutes as well instead of the invisible man. Turner clearly had the measure of CMS which is why i feel another forward on the pitch would giving Cardiff more problems than putting on Harley to come on and to do some more of his nothing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here