Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm loving your commitment to him Stat, I so want you to be right, I'm on the fence and want to play in your garden, but I'm not sure the pool, the sizzling bar-b-que, the bikini clad sunbathing girls on your side are not just a mirage. I'm worried the pool is actually a disused pond with a shopping trolley in it, the bar-b-que is actually a bonfire pre-6pm, and the girls are actually nurses strapping you into a chair ready to take you away…….
I'm fully prepared for Team CMS to be a mirage.

I'd just like the Albion to travel the extra 30 yards forward, to find out.
I think/hope that day is dawning.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What exactly is the return then?....bearing in mind he missed a year after the Bristol City injury.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
What exactly is the return then?....bearing in mind he missed a year after the Bristol City injury.

21 goals in 84 league games, or 1 goal every 3.5 games

doesn't seem amazing

but compared to our other strikers at the AMEX...

Ulloa 24 goals in 50 league games, or 1 goal every 2.2 games (he is class and did not become torres at chelsea as with many strikers that join us, proven that now he is a goal a game striker in the premier league)

Barnes 24 goals in 99 league games, or 1 goal every 4.1 games

Dobbie 2 goals in 15 league games, or 1 goal every 7.5 games

Vokes 3 goals in 14 league games, or 1 goal every 4.7 games

Lita 1 goal in 5 league games, 1 goal every 5 games (duh :moo:)

Hoskins 1 goal in 18 league games, 1 goal every 18 games

Rodriguez 1 goal in 11 league games, 1 goal every 11 games

Obika 0 goals in 5 league games, 0 goals

Baldock 0 goals in 1 league game

Colunga 0 goals in 2 league games

O'Grady 0 goals in 1 or two league games

...He is second best in terms of goal return.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
His time at Peterborough tells you all you need to know about the man.

08/09 League 1. 46 games, 23 goals
09/10 Championship 43 games, 10 goals

10/11..back in League 1, 45 games, 27 goals.

That was the same team providing him the same service for 3 years. He's just not good enough for this division.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm fully prepared for Team CMS to be a mirage.

I'd just like the Albion to travel the extra 30 yards forward, to find out.
I think/hope that day is dawning.

In league games alone we've had 150 shots this season. We're getting up the field more than at any other time in the Chzmpionship imo

I don't know how it compares but 8 goals or a return of 1 goal for every (nearly) 20 shots sounds pathetic (recognising it's not only CMS to blame)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
21 goals in 84 league games, or 1 goal every 3.5 games

doesn't seem amazing

but compared to our other strikers at the AMEX...

Ulloa 24 goals in 50 league games, or 1 goal every 2.2 games (he is class and did not become torres at chelsea as with many strikers that join us, proven that now he is a goal a game striker in the premier league)

Barnes 24 goals in 99 league games, or 1 goal every 4.1 games

Dobbie 2 goals in 15 league games, or 1 goal every 7.5 games

Vokes 3 goals in 14 league games, or 1 goal every 4.7 games

Lita 1 goal in 5 league games, 1 goal every 5 games (duh :moo:)

Hoskins 1 goal in 18 league games, 1 goal every 18 games

Rodriguez 1 goal in 11 league games, 1 goal every 11 games

Obika 0 goals in 5 league games, 0 goals

He is second best in terms of goal return.

Those stats don't work for just a handful of games. Nor can you compare Barnes who was used very deep for the most part.

The only proper comparison is Ulloa and even then I think more games are needed for it to have any relevance

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

That was the same team providing him the same service for 3 years. He's just not good enough for this division.

And who has he scored 2 of his 3 goals this season against?

Swindon and Burton. He's the footballing equivalent of Graham Hick, flat track bully.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
CMS is pretty middle of the road but we paid a pretty middle of the road fee for him and middle of the road wages in the whole scheme of things. Proven strikers with a 2 in 1 ratio go for £5 to £8million and £25k a week.

Murray might come a bit cheaper but he is on the wrong side of 30.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

But more chances would be created for him against lesser teams. It may not necessarily be him at fault for not getting service.

It would be nice to see a shots to goals ratio for those 3 seasons, that would be more definitive. He may only have scored 10 in the championship but he may have had a similar ratio of goals to shots/chances.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
CMS is pretty middle of the road but we paid a pretty middle of the road fee for him and middle of the road wages in the whole scheme of things. Proven strikers with a 2 in 1 ratio go for £5 to £8million and £25k a week.

Murray might come a bit cheaper but he is on the wrong side of 30.

Though we paid more for him than we did for Ulloa.

I'm staying out of this conversation now as I'm really not one to get on our own players back. I really hope he comes good for the rest of the season, I think I've made my thoughts abundantly clear. I'll be cheering him when he's on the pitch.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have to hold on to him. He's the only player left that we have a song for! (apart from the very catchy "Lua Lua").

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe if he could learn to loiter in the area where an instinctive striker would instinctively loiter, the goals would come. All this running around results in next to no end product.

Yes that! Against Blackpool Paddy played a couple of exquisite balls into areas that a striker (ooh I dunno lets say Ulloa, Murray, Sir Bob even Owusu or Benjamin) should be getting on the end of an there was no one there or CMS was arriving far far too late.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes that! Against Blackpool Paddy played a couple of exquisite balls into areas that a striker (ooh I dunno lets say Ulloa, Murray, Sir Bob even Owusu or Benjamin) should be getting on the end of an there was no one there or CMS was arriving far far too late.

Every time a ball comes in the box nowadays - and goes whizzing out the other side - I instinctively mutter 'Barnes would have had that'. It's a mild form of Tourettes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every time a ball comes in the box nowadays - and goes whizzing out the other side - I instinctively mutter 'Barnes would have had that'. It's a mild form of Tourettes.

Oh yes and Barnes! He definitely would get on the end of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here