Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mattress shops in Brighton?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I got a mattress from one along Portland Rd in Hove a few years ago - local company. Can't remember the name but they were cheaper than the big retailers.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't think Brighton or Hove has any mattress shops. It's a bit like the resturant situation, none anywhere, its crazy. And as for coffee shops 'Nero' none nada!

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I got a mattress from one along Portland Rd in Hove a few years ago - local company. Can't remember the name but they were cheaper than the big retailers.

That would be the Brighton Bed Centre, opposite School Road. They are indeed very good. Brought all my beds from there.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Get yourself one of these, you will not be disappointed.

i first had one of these over 10 years ago, and purchased a new one this year, never had a bad nights sleep.

Outlast 1000 Memory Foam Mattress

Question about memory foam matresses if I may. I have one from Ikea (cost £250) and while it's great to sleep on to start with, the indents of my body don't ever seem to pop back up. So it now feels like I'm just sleeping in a big dip in the middle of the bed and have to keep moving around, but still have to watch in case I roll into any of these dips! I flip the matress once or twice a month because of this and it's a little bit annoying. Are all memory foam matresses like this, or do the decent ones pop back up quickly and mine is just a shit Ikea one?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Comfysleep in Hove. Opposite the old Gala Bingo.

This is the Brighton Bed Centre. Comfysleep is their own brand of mattress made in the factory next door to the shop.

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have my own business, of which we sell beds, if you need any help in selecting the right mattress just get in contact and i'll pass on any advice that will help.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Question about memory foam matresses if I may. I have one from Ikea (cost £250) and while it's great to sleep on to start with, the indents of my body don't ever seem to pop back up. So it now feels like I'm just sleeping in a big dip in the middle of the bed and have to keep moving around, but still have to watch in case I roll into any of these dips! I flip the matress once or twice a month because of this and it's a little bit annoying. Are all memory foam matresses like this, or do the decent ones pop back up quickly and mine is just a shit Ikea one?

Leigull, sounds like the Ikea one is a cheap one to be honest. The ones i have had always return back to where they should be.

I got rid of my first one last year as it lost it's firmness, and that was over 10 years old, and i think that over 10 years for a matress is great, especially when your a bit of a lump like i am.

i am on my second one from Memflex, and i cannot sing their praises enough. But like the old saying you get what you pay for.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Leigull, sounds like the Ikea one is a cheap one to be honest. The ones i have had always return back to where they should be.

I got rid of my first one last year as it lost it's firmness, and that was over 10 years old, and i think that over 10 years for a matress is great, especially when your a bit of a lump like i am.

i am on my second one from Memflex, and i cannot sing their praises enough. But like the old saying you get what you pay for.

Thanks. I thought £250 was a decent amount to spend for one to be honest! Could have got one for much cheaper. Have learnt my lesson over Ikea stuff now though. Was my first and last ever trip to that place! Need to save up and get a new bed/matress I think.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
That would be the Brighton Bed Centre, opposite School Road. They are indeed very good. Brought all my beds from there.

And so did we, very comfy mattress with a cushion top.

The only thing you find is that you'll need bigger sheets than you think - bigger than the bed size - because these mattresses are soooo thick!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here