Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****All Things Final Fantasy****

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Which out of the series do you have your most fondest gaming memories from?
Currently listening to the FFVII OST :D

Final-Fantasy-7.png

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
1) Final Fantasy VIII
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Final Fantasy X

Very much looking forward to their HD remake of FFX.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I suspect plenty of people will soon come along and say this is more than a bit geeky. I'm not one of them - I love VII, and it's a cracking soundtrack too :thumbsup:

VIII, IX & X were very good, also enjoyed XIII. Never played XI, and XII was awful. VII the best by a distance though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Spent MUCH of my time playing this....

Tripletriad2.jpg

:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
VI, VII, IX are my fraves.

Haven't played one since X though. :blush:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I suspect plenty of people will soon come along and say this is more than a bit geeky. I'm not one of them - I love VII, and it's a cracking soundtrack too :thumbsup:

VIII, IX & X were very good, also enjoyed XIII. Never played XI, and XII was awful. VII the best by a distance though.

IX was very average, and never really got in to it. Also next played XI or XII, but I can safely say that XIII was horrendous.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
VI, VII, IX are my fraves.

Haven't played one since X though. :blush:

I'm gutted at Square for putting graphics before gameplay.

X was acceptable but everything after that (Next Gen) was very boring and linear.
I couldn't care less about graphics, just give me a chocobo and a map, a few hardcore bosses and an airship.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
instead of spending years making a new one, they should just polish VII + VIII

hours of my life were spent on the above.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm gutted at Square for putting graphics before gameplay.

X was acceptable but everything after that (Next Gen) was very boring and linear.
I couldn't care less about graphics, just give me a chocobo and a map, a few hardcore bosses and an airship.

FF7 was best by far. Cloud...Aeris...Sephiroth. Ah the memories.

Gameplay will always beat graphics... but imagine those memories with HD graphics...

Attachments

• aerith-portrait.jpeg
    aerith-portrait.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 13

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Easily FF VII , absolutely nothing else came close - got a load of them on the DS and they've not grabbed me as much as that Playstation one legendary game.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
VII and VIII are two of the best games ever made......EVER!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Gameplay will always beat graphics... but imagine those memories with HD graphics...

See I'd personally prefer a re-vamped FF7/8 with extra quests, alternative story lines and improved materia/weapons system than a near-identical FF7 HD model.
What do you think?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
See I'd personally prefer a re-vamped FF7/8 with extra quests, alternative story lines and improved materia/weapons system than a near-identical FF7 HD model.
What do you think?

I disagree, nearly 100% :lolol:

Extra quests I could live with, if they didn't alter the main story line. I'd be mortified if they changed the main story in the slightest, or even if they tweaked the materia system to be honest.

I don't think there is any chance of either happening though, as suddenly the game would be out of kilter with the rest of the VII franchise (Advent Children etc).

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
What do you think?

If they did either, I'd dump my girlfriend, turn my phone off and take two weeks holiday off work

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
FF3/5...Terra was wicked and the whole story/characters were epic...still got the old SNES hooked up with that cartridge in place...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
FF3/5...Terra was wicked and the whole story/characters were epic...still got the old SNES hooked up with that cartridge in place...
I played them on PS1 when they brought out 1-3 and 4-6 as two discs. Guess I'm a JCL.

I'm surprised at the amount of love for FFVIII in here. Huge disappointment to me.

Jan 21, 2012
FF X for me, although i have started FF VII again (started saturday just gone). Didnt like XIII at all. Too much has changed, whats wrong with a proper old school turn based RPG?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here