Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuvan Throat Singers...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ondar is the man you want to be checking out.

I could wax lyrical about throat singing and the various exponents of the art from, but I won't :wink:

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I'm new to this throat singing,but find it fascinating. This IS talent,unlike what can be seen on some certain cheesey Uk shows!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you want to learn more about this amazing art form, then this video can help appreciate it.

It starts with some live footage of Ondar, before some explanation of throat singing is provided courtesy of the hidden track at the end of Ondar's album - Back TUVA Future. Then it goes into more live footage with Ondar playing with Bela Fleck and Flecktones.

[yt]xD-VGQGPpZY[/yt]

You may also want to check out Huun Huur Tu. And I'll never pass up an opportunity to recommend Sainkho Namtchylak either. She is a bit more out there and doesn't do full throat singing but very good on the overtone stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you want to hear Tuvan throat singing mixed up with western punk, then check out Yat Kha. Albert Kuvezin is the lead singer and started out with Huun Huur Tu.

With throat singing I like to think galloping horses - they love their horses and the music just takes you to images of horses all over the Monogolian Steppes. I love it!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I found it interesting when I first came across this before, even downloaded some albums. You're right though its kin funny. Even funnier is tuvan throat singers doing covers of famous western bands. Theres a collection of songs, one was joy division - love will never tear us apart again, one from the rolling stones, seriously hilarious! I'll find out the album name

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
The album of covers is called Yat -Kha - ReCovers (2005) Their version of The Rolling stones' "Don't play with fire" is particularly mental as is the cover of Carlos Santana - black magic woman. I can't upload it for some reason, i tried.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
^ Love the enthusiasm guys. Great stuff! I've been checking out loads of throat singing recently via YouTube,and it's very compelling :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just check out this piece by Huun Huur tu though.

Proper unadultered Tuvan folk music at it's very best. And see what I mean about those galloping horses. Bloody brilliant stuff !

[yt]-bDntRWfL70[/yt]

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have decided to do my own throat singing video !!

Appearing here soon !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here