Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice sought: dripping kitchen mixer tap

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - just catching up.

Our taps have a long relatively thin spindle that you grip to turn the tap on and off. We discovered this spindle actually screws into place, so unscrew it and you're on the way in.

Kim

Nov 13, 2012
Thanks - So I think I get you..
So if I turn the tap on and then keep going after it stops at the full on it should unscrew?
I will have a go.
Thanks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks - So I think I get you..
So if I turn the tap on and then keep going after it stops at the full on it should unscrew?
I will have a go.
Thanks

No - leave the tap in the full off position, and twist the spindle itself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So our tap looks a bit like this...

franke-zurich-kitchen-sink-mixer-tap-00019094S.jpg

grip the spindle from above between 2 fingers and a thumb and twist it.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I have a Mixer tap in my bath and the cold water tap doesn't come out, not even a drip, the hot tap works most of the time.
Problem is we don't have a water stop, and if we do, it isn't visible or unable to get to. I thought it might be a quick washer change, but my Dad says that it sounds like the whole tap system is broken.

There is like a black rubbery seal thing at the bottom of the tap unit which has become exposed, not sure if that has anything to do it?

Pretty much this tap system.

large-co105c.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have a Mixer tap in my bath and the cold water tap doesn't come out, not even a drip, the hot tap works most of the time.
Problem is we don't have a water stop, and if we do, it isn't visible or unable to get to. I thought it might be a quick washer change, but my Dad says that it sounds like the whole tap system is broken.

There is like a black rubbery seal thing at the bottom of the tap unit which has become exposed, not sure if that has anything to do it?

Pretty much this tap system.

View attachment 36602

Take it from your post DIY is not your thing?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Get a Plumber in! We are not all rip off merchants yer know. Changing cartridges doesnt always work as the old heads dont always fit the new. The seatings can also wear out if the tap has been dripping for months. Taps today only last a few years if yer lucky. My kitchen is six years old and I'm on the third set of mixers at around £100.00 a pop ffs!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here