Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson's reaction to Man Utd's fixtures

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Monday 18 June 2012
Alex Ferguson unhappy with Premier League fixture list as Man United handed 19 away games

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his disappointment with the Premier League fixture list after it emerged that his side will be expected to play half of their fixtures away from home.
With trips to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool forming part of the season’s fixtures, Ferguson has vented his anger at other sides being a handed a home advantage for 50% of the games.
“Over the course of the season it will work out that one in two of the games we play in the league will be away from home,” he fumed.
“It’s something the FA should take a look at, or we could be in a situation like last year where a side that I’m not the manager of wins the league.”
Premier League fixtures announced

Ferguson has complained about the Premier League fixture list in the past. He was unhappy in the 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 seasons, as well as all the seasons before, after United were forced to play all 38 games against teams that started the match with same number of players.
He also expressed his annoyance that they had to play each of the previous season’s top nine sides.
“When you’re playing teams that have a chance of beating you then there’s always the chance you could get beat,” he explained.
“I don’t thinks it’s fair that we should be expected to take that chance.”
He has also revealed his frustration at the fixtures for the 2013-2014 season that are due to be announced in a years time.
“I find it incredible that not only will we be expected to participate in games, but we will have to win them in order to pick up 3 points,” he blasted.
“They’ll be picking the referees for us next.”

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The flaming cheek of it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hahaha. That's really good! :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who gets the fiver email will have seen this:

Sweep away the branches of the weeping willow and see the old man lazing by the bayou. See his hat pulled low over his eyes, see the dry yellow straw he chews, see the line that will catch no fish dangling lazy into the water, hear the gentle plink and twang of a banjo. At his feet lies a snoozing dog. Behind them stands a crumbling barn with the word 'Emotions' scrawled in clumsy painted letters on the doors. The late afternoon air promises a warm evening of bourbon and hunks of meat roasted on an open fire.

"This," sighs the old man to no one in particular. "Is the life."

A whirl of dust appears on the horizon. A rusty pickup clatters into view. The old man casts an unconcerned eye in its direction, then disappears back under his hat only emerging again at the sound of a door slamming and footsteps on the dusty track. The old man stretches and gradually gets to his feet.

"Howdy, stranger," says the old man with a smile. "What can I do you for?"

"I'm from the Premier League, Mr Ferguson," says the stranger. "I've come to deliver the fixtures for next season."

He hands over a brown envelope. The old man takes it with trembling hands. A thumb cracks the seal. A single sheaf of printed type emerges. The old man's eyes scan the page slowly then come back up to meet those of the stranger.

"Excuse me, friend," says the old man to the stranger. "Come on Contentment, it's time." The dog, hearing its name, shakes sleep from his head and stumps to his master's side.

The old man walks over to the barn, the old hound hobbling along at his heel. He lifts the latch and walks inside. Contentment he shepherds into a small pen and pats gently on the head. "Until next year," he says wistfully. "Until next year." He shuffles past the dozing Disdain, gives Despair a friendly pat on its drooly muzzle and gets at last to Blind Rage, a mutt as old as the hills and as terrible as a landslide, his rusted collar lashed to the wall with a thick chain.

"Hello again, old friend," says the man. The hulking mass of sinews and teeth opens a malicious eye. "We'll teach them to give us away trips after five of our six midweek Champions League group matches, including trips to Liverpool, Newcastle United, Chelsea and Aston Villa."

The old man wraps Blind Rage's chain around his wrist and steps back out into heat of the day. We, though, will stay inside the barn, watching the dust motes swim in the shafts of light. It's probably best not to see what's going on outside. Try to ignore the screams.​

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Monday 18 June 2012
Alex Ferguson unhappy with Premier League fixture list as Man United handed 19 away games

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his disappointment with the Premier League fixture list after it emerged that his side will be expected to play half of their fixtures away from home.
With trips to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool forming part of the season’s fixtures, Ferguson has vented his anger at other sides being a handed a home advantage for 50% of the games.
“Over the course of the season it will work out that one in two of the games we play in the league will be away from home,” he fumed.
“It’s something the FA should take a look at, or we could be in a situation like last year where a side that I’m not the manager of wins the league.”
Premier League fixtures announced

Ferguson has complained about the Premier League fixture list in the past. He was unhappy in the 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 seasons, as well as all the seasons before, after United were forced to play all 38 games against teams that started the match with same number of players.
He also expressed his annoyance that they had to play each of the previous season’s top nine sides.
“When you’re playing teams that have a chance of beating you then there’s always the chance you could get beat,” he explained.
“I don’t thinks it’s fair that we should be expected to take that chance.”
He has also revealed his frustration at the fixtures for the 2013-2014 season that are due to be announced in a years time.
“I find it incredible that not only will we be expected to participate in games, but we will have to win them in order to pick up 3 points,” he blasted.
“They’ll be picking the referees for us next.”

:lol::clap2: Loved that bushy.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Fergie has also requested that his racehorses should get an extra furlong added to any race in which his horses are trailing as they approach the winning line!

Anyone who gets the fiver email will have seen this:

Sweep away the branches of the weeping willow and see the old man lazing by the bayou. See his hat pulled low over his eyes, see the dry yellow straw he chews, see the line that will catch no fish dangling lazy into the water, hear the gentle plink and twang of a banjo. At his feet lies a snoozing dog. Behind them stands a crumbling barn with the word 'Emotions' scrawled in clumsy painted letters on the doors. The late afternoon air promises a warm evening of bourbon and hunks of meat roasted on an open fire.

"This," sighs the old man to no one in particular. "Is the life."

A whirl of dust appears on the horizon. A rusty pickup clatters into view. The old man casts an unconcerned eye in its direction, then disappears back under his hat only emerging again at the sound of a door slamming and footsteps on the dusty track. The old man stretches and gradually gets to his feet.

"Howdy, stranger," says the old man with a smile. "What can I do you for?"

"I'm from the Premier League, Mr Ferguson," says the stranger. "I've come to deliver the fixtures for next season."

He hands over a brown envelope. The old man takes it with trembling hands. A thumb cracks the seal. A single sheaf of printed type emerges. The old man's eyes scan the page slowly then come back up to meet those of the stranger.

"Excuse me, friend," says the old man to the stranger. "Come on Contentment, it's time." The dog, hearing its name, shakes sleep from his head and stumps to his master's side.

The old man walks over to the barn, the old hound hobbling along at his heel. He lifts the latch and walks inside. Contentment he shepherds into a small pen and pats gently on the head. "Until next year," he says wistfully. "Until next year." He shuffles past the dozing Disdain, gives Despair a friendly pat on its drooly muzzle and gets at last to Blind Rage, a mutt as old as the hills and as terrible as a landslide, his rusted collar lashed to the wall with a thick chain.

"Hello again, old friend," says the man. The hulking mass of sinews and teeth opens a malicious eye. "We'll teach them to give us away trips after five of our six midweek Champions League group matches, including trips to Liverpool, Newcastle United, Chelsea and Aston Villa."

The old man wraps Blind Rage's chain around his wrist and steps back out into heat of the day. We, though, will stay inside the barn, watching the dust motes swim in the shafts of light. It's probably best not to see what's going on outside. Try to ignore the screams.​

That is almost poetic, I like it!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The FA have agreed to his demand to add an extra 7 mins to the second half if United are losing with the opposition having to take three players off during that time. if United are winning the second half will be cut short by 15 mins. Bloody Pilots pet!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here