Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eating out in Worthing

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
This place is the best for special occassions, no question. Went for parents silver anniversary and was brill!!!

apart from they have now shut down :(

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Food is decent and indigo is good. Not been to cresent cafe so can't comment. For really good pub food home made the vine in tarring is very good indeed. It's out of town too so no Chavs ;) cassa ciro's is too busy and hard to book. Good luck and congrats

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I shall report back. I have my orders :D

I've been there many times.

Just don't be put off when you walk in the door. The decor hasn't changed in the last 25 years (and that's aproximately how long the same chef and waitreses have been dishing up exactly the same menu!!!).

It's just like a backstreet french cafe-restaurant that you would find in any french town. Highly recommend you try the rib of beef (for 2).

It is exceptional value - you can have a 3 course meal for 2 with a carafe of wine for around £25!! Although we have been known to splash out on a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-pape which they charge a ludicrous £17 for (whereas most restaurants charge £30-40 a bottle)

As someone said, everything comes with salad and fries (but they're like proper french frites) - good honest value handcooked food

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Another vote for the Vine in Tarring High Street.A bit scruffy in the eating area but food way above average.

Orangesquash

Jun 15, 2012
Lemon grass is a lovely thai restaurant, or Whites in Steyning is lovely! A bit out of worthing, but definitely worth a trip!

Jul 7, 2003
I've been there many times.

Just don't be put off when you walk in the door. The decor hasn't changed in the last 25 years (and that's aproximately how long the same chef and waitreses have been dishing up exactly the same menu!!!).

It's just like a backstreet french cafe-restaurant that you would find in any french town. Highly recommend you try the rib of beef (for 2).

It is exceptional value - you can have a 3 course meal for 2 with a carafe of wine for around £25!! Although we have been known to splash out on a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-pape which they charge a ludicrous £17 for (whereas most restaurants charge £30-40 a bottle)

As someone said, everything comes with salad and fries (but they're like proper french frites) - good honest value handcooked food

A Worthing institution often overlooked (including by myself). We have friends who always go there and say you can't beat it for value. Make the most of it though as the people who run it plan to retire soon.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I wish that, when replying to a thread such as this, people would actually name the restaurant to which they are referring as, even going back a long way in the thread, it is not always possible to figure out.

PS ! In my opinion, 'Food Restaurant' in New Street (I think it is) takes a bit of beating.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Food is decent and indigo is good. Not been to cresent cafe so can't comment. For really good pub food home made the vine in tarring is very good indeed. It's out of town too so no Chavs ;) cassa ciro's is too busy and hard to book. Good luck and congrats

Wouldn't ever eat in Indigo because the owner is a total berk, he also owns The Booted Bantam. Weird fella, he had a go at me and my father because we didn't leave a tip (after we complained about the fish not being properly cooked and getting a very indifferent response from the waitress) yelling "Our staff rely on tips" as we walked out the door. Perhaps pay your staff properly and they wouldn't!!

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
The Rose & Crown at the end of Montague Street does good food at a decent price and it's always piping hot - I can't stand lukewarm food.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had a pop up come up on my laptop for The Steakhouse Grill and Bar in Findon so had a look at the menu and it seemed ok has anybody been their and got any views.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Wouldn't ever eat in Indigo because the owner is a total berk, he also owns The Booted Bantam. Weird fella, he had a go at me and my father because we didn't leave a tip (after we complained about the fish not being properly cooked and getting a very indifferent response from the waitress) yelling "Our staff rely on tips" as we walked out the door. Perhaps pay your staff properly and they wouldn't!!

Simon Margaroli is the owner, certainly a character but I wouldn't have had him down as Basil Fawlty! Not good.

I would say however the one time I have eaten there when I stayed at the Ardington, the food was fantastic and they gave me 2 steaks as one was slightly undersized.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Rose & Crown at the end of Montague Street does good food at a decent price and it's always piping hot - I can't stand lukewarm food.

Ah the mark of a chef who knows his microwave well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Used to love Indigo but my girlfriend was quite ill after some fish last time, I know it can happen but put us off. Booted Bantam has gone now, but used to be quite decent.

The Italian where Totos used to be in the alley on Warwick Street is quite decent. Nice sharing plates for a Saturday lunch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worthingite hasn't been back on to give his up date and report on his visit last night to La Difference.

I last went there about 4 months ago and it was as good as ever, the French Onion Soup is still superb

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I last went there about 4 months ago and it was as good as ever, the French Onion Soup is still superb

He should have got the hang of it by now, it's been on the same menu since the seventies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here