Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eating out in Worthing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not keen on the idea of The Swallows Return as it is a standard Vintage Inns Pub with a bulk standard big chain menu. There are loads of Vintage Inns around he country in fact 1 in most big towns.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Only for the barmaids!

I'd have to agree with a few others, Food and Imperial China top my list

Do they ever change the menu at Food though? Went their quite a bit in first few years and was always impressed (great venue btw) until realised they never changed the menu, which for a restaurant of its ilk is bloody lazy. Got bored and not been back since returning from few years in London.

A good modern British/European restaurant should have a few favourites and new dishes on rotation, with seasonal produce.

Otherwise it doesn't say much for the chef.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Brio in Worthing is superb. Casa Ciro is overpriced IMO and hasn't enough variety on the menu

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Do they ever change the menu at Food though? Went their quite a bit in first few years and was always impressed (great venue btw) until realised they never changed the menu, which for a restaurant of its ilk is bloody lazy. Got bored and not been back since returning from few years in London.

A good modern British/European restaurant should have a few favourites and new dishes on rotation, with seasonal produce.

I'm afraid I can't say if they change the menu, I always have the steak and everything else gets ignored. But we only go maybe once or twice a year. But still, nice venue, great food

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Have to say I was bitterly disappointed with Casa Ciro last time I went - It had been recommended to me and it was a let down from start to finish - 2 of our group of 4's meals came late, and 1 of those had to be sent back.

I would recommend Limings, I've always had a nice meal in there, Crescent Road Cafe is also very good. If your looking for a pub, try The Gardeners Arms in Sompting, food is fantastic (HUGE portions as well) and the beer is incredibly well kept.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

I'm afraid I can't say if they change the menu, I always have the steak and everything else gets ignored. But we only go maybe once or twice a year. But still, nice venue, great food

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I believe it is the sister restaurant of the Shoreham one. Can't stand the place personally.... (The Shoreham one that is)

The Shoreham one is at the bottom of my road - never been in there, but have heard only good things about it (apart from Mike Tyson visiting it, that is). I didn't know there was another.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to say I was bitterly disappointed with Casa Ciro last time I went - It had been recommended to me and it was a let down from start to finish - 2 of our group of 4's meals came late, and 1 of those had to be sent back.

I would recommend Limings, I've always had a nice meal in there, Crescent Road Cafe is also very good. If your looking for a pub, try The Gardeners Arms in Sompting, food is fantastic (HUGE portions as well) and the beer is incredibly well kept.

Do they still have the rauilway carriage for a restaurant. We did a relief there a few years back for a previous owner

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Do they still have the rauilway carriage for a restaurant. We did a relief there a few years back for a previous owner

Yeah!! It's the loo's now!!!! Lovely place, and a lovely sheltered seating area out the back

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Montagues always provides good food, if you like Tex Mex.

Went to Caprichos on Friday (although it's just been renamed to 'Something y Tapas') and the food, ambiance and service was as good as usual - i.e. very good.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andalucia (sp?) in Ferring also great!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
La Difference in Crescent Road is superb value. The menu is limited but food & booze is superb & outrageously cheap.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Eating Out - Food Standards Agency

Always worth checking, when contemplating eating out somewhere new, how the Food Standards Agency rates the hygiene and cleanliness of the establishment.

Always good to know the salmonella risk!

(And one of the establishments in Worthing recommended on this thread by several contributers doesn't fair too well!)

Just Google "Food Standards Agency" (I'm not allowed to post the link - sorry)

Rip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here