Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I liked the drip on the end of his beak!

Attachments

• Dripping Goose.jpg
    Dripping Goose.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 382

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
A couple of my latest taken down at Heathrow this morning.

British Airways 787-800 - G-ZBJD

British Airways 747-400 - G-CIVD

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Another attempt to be different. An unusual shot of a bit of Jevs' garden.

Attachments

• Horiz WF.jpg
    Horiz WF.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 334

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Anyone got any tips for the eclipse on Friday? Probably a bit late to get the "solar filters" I keep reading about.

Not worried about my eyes, as I would be using the flip-out screen on my Canon D70, but can I do any damage to my equipment?

The longest lens I have is 300mm, so I won't be getting any close-ups.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone got any tips for the eclipse on Friday? Probably a bit late to get the "solar filters" I keep reading about.

Not worried about my eyes, as I would be using the flip-out screen on my Canon D70, but can I do any damage to my equipment?

The longest lens I have is 300mm, so I won't be getting any close-ups.
The bbc weatherman had a tip earlier. He said we'd most likely be under a blanket of cloud.😠

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I litterally have no self-control...

Off to Chernobyl next month, so popped into Park Cameras to pick up a memory card & a few batteries for my aging EOS 20D

Ended up walking out with this lot (well got the Redged from Clifton Cameras)

IMG_20150316_2057572.jpg

My poor bank account :(

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Off to Chernobyl next month, so popped into Park Cameras to pick up a memory card & a few batteries for my aging EOS 20D

IMG_20150316_2057572.jpg

That's an awesome combo. I'm looking at the 24-70 lens for general use to replace my 18-105. All the reviews are superb. Sharpest ever lens of this type apparently? I look forwards to your thoughts when you come back, along with some photos on here.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom

IMG_20150316_2057572.jpg

So are you a professional photographer (it appears to be a professional camera) and what are you doing in Chernobyl?

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
So are you a professional photographer (it appears to be a professional camera) and what are you doing in Chernobyl?

No I'm very much an amateur, my old SLR is very much getting to the end of it's useful life e.g. sticking shutter, focus that works when it feels like)

I've been wanting to get a full frame camera for a little while as Nikon are doing a £400 minimum part exchange I decided to treat myself

Am going to Chernobyl to do a bit of "Urban Exploring", spending 5 days in the Exclusion zone & then 2 days in Kiev drinking stupidly cheap vodka

That's an awesome combo. I'm looking at the 24-70 lens for general use to replace my 18-105. All the reviews are superb. Sharpest ever lens of this type apparently? I look forwards to your thoughts when you come back, along with some photos on here.

So far I'm really impressed with the results, although I'm still trying to get used to the weight of the lens when shooting off the tripod

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The bbc weatherman had a tip earlier. He said we'd most likely be under a blanket of cloud.😠

No blanket of cloud, just a light sheet of haze. Not that impressive - I think I took more photos of some odd reflections in my lens! This was the only decent one, but rather late:

EOS70D-20150320-8712.jpg

I think I'll stick to sunsets.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
IMG_3452small.jpg

Literally, a six seconds break in the clouds in Shoreham at the peak time. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here