Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
23161606_130541141041442_6354493587190710272_n.jpg

Going back through some photos and found this from Bolivia last year.

edit: some pretty bad compression there, my bad.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Thanks, good old Lightroom always saves the day when it comes to making sure my images are straight��

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If you make me an offer I can't refuse, you could have my D7200. I would then put the proceeds towards a D7500.
have you considered D750 not a massive difference in price compared to D7500 and it’s full frame or do you prefer the cropped sensor for macro work. I am looking at the D500 for dance and sports photography for its incredible Frames per Second.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Going back through some photos and found this from Bolivia last year.

edit: some pretty bad compression there, my bad.

Teach me. I presume compression is to do with downsizing an image but how would I recognise it ? What does it mean. I'm genuinely interested.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Jack - that is amazing! This is something I want to photograph but as I am not in Brighton I have not been able to check it out. Do the starlings gather there most evenings at this time of year? Love a good mumuration!

Thanks Kneon. They started arriving yesterday at exactly 4.00 pm. They swoop around for about 45 minutes before all landing on the pier at the same time. At 4.45 pm, they were all tucked up in bed for the night and game over. This is an autumn thing, but they should be doing this for a few more weeks yet.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
have you considered D750 not a massive difference in price compared to D7500 and it’s full frame or do you prefer the cropped sensor for macro work. I am looking at the D500 for dance and sports photography for its incredible Frames per Second.

Funny enough I've got one of those as well! I use my D7200 for birds and butterflies and the D750 for landscapes and holidays. The DX sensor of the D7200 gets you closer whilst the FX sensor of the D750 gets more in.
I'm waiting for the full frame D760 to come out which could soon replace my D750.

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
When are we gonna see some of the Kenya stuff Kneon. Ive only seen a couple of images posted on here.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT MATE. You been back a lot longer than me :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Teach me. I presume compression is to do with downsizing an image but how would I recognise it ? What does it mean. I'm genuinely interested.

I had uploaded this to another website and used that URL to post it here. That website had compressed the image quite a lot, although you can only really tell on a large screen.

Compression is when you reduce the amount of data in the image to save on file size. Too much compression can result in poor quality images and artifacts (pixelated areas)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry I've been slacking!
Here's a little Bee Eater. Lots more to come!
attachment.php

Could have stayed in England for a Bee Eater shot :wink:

Cracking photo, as per usual!
Obviously the bird is a stunner, but I really like how you've framed him/her with those thorn bushes and the way the branch arches in to frame the subject perfectly centre stage. I could see Chris Packham nodding very approvingly on this one.

Look forward to seeing more from your latest trip.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I'm debating D7200 or D7500 or wait for the D7600.

I think I would prefer the D7500 over the D750 for fill in flash. Currently got a D3200.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Could have stayed in England for a Bee Eater shot :wink:

Cracking photo, as per usual!
Obviously the bird is a stunner, but I really like how you've framed him/her with those thorn bushes and the way the branch arches in to frame the subject perfectly centre stage. I could see Chris Packham nodding very approvingly on this one.

Look forward to seeing more from your latest trip.

Thanks - I did particularly like the frame of horns on this one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here