**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gotta love Brewdog. They certainly know how to launch a marketing campaign and get maximum coverage!

They've launched a Pink IPA aimed at promoting gender equality and highlighting the UK pay gap of 20% between Men and Women. With that in mind they are offering women 20% off Pink IPA.

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/pink-ipa

Of course some people are too stupid or want to be offended to get the message here 'We’ve made our flagship beer Punk IPA, pink. Pink IPA might look different on the outside, but it’s exactly the same on the inside.' and now OUTRAGED at this blatant sexism that women like pink sparkly things blah blah blah.

Love it

If only Brewdog just got on with it and brewed rather than trying to gob off and act like brats all the time, you don't get this crap from Kissingate or Thornbridge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If only Brewdog just got on with it and brewed rather than trying to gob off and act like brats all the time, you don't get this crap from Kissingate or Thornbridge.

Who?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Veg, don't be so precious.

As it happens, the brewdog boys are turning out to be a couple of sweet numpties.

However, the boys haven't changed their quality brews, if anything, they've improved them, and made available to all, because they deserve their place on the super market shelf, taking a percentage of shelf space of the John Smiths of this world.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jaipur is Lovley not had the chance to try Chennai can you recommend any pubs serving it?

Hard to find I'm afraid Brooksteed Alehouse have this in from time to time but it doesn't last long !

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
They had a Kissingate beer at Anchored very recently, can't recall which one though, but it wasn't the IPA. Their Black Cherry mild is worth a go too, it's won loads of awards.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Further news for those of us in the wild West, a new micropub is opening in Chichester City centre later this month. It's to be called The Hornet Alehouse, and is about 100 yards from my gaff :cheers::cheers::clap:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Further news for those of us in the wild West, a new micropub is opening in Chichester City centre later this month. It's to be called The Hornet Alehouse, and is about 100 yards from my gaff :cheers::cheers::clap:

I know it's coming soon, Nick ex owner of Brooksteed has been helping set it up, look forward to some great beers Chef !

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I know it's coming soon, Nick ex owner of Brooksteed has been helping set it up, look forward to some great beers Chef !

Yeah, a welcome addition in my opinion as I don't think Chi is particularly good for drinking, really looking forward to it but my wallet and waistline may disagree...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And you don’t get the output from Kissingate or Thornbdidge ( actually you might from Thornbridge)

Stop worrying and judge the product, Their beers are marvellous. Their style of marketing are obviously what get to you.

Ps Kissingate make great dark beers but they are very average everywhere else.

They’ve decided to push on and as long as their beers stay at the quality they are then ‘power to them’

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who was talking to me about Hopfenstopfer a few months back? I can’t find the exchange in here so think it might have been in another thread. Anyway, Hopfenstoper Citra Ale and Incredible Pale Ale are now on sale in my local supermarket for the princely sum of €1.39 and €1.49 respectively.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
just tried the new Sam Adams brew - thought it was going to be a light ale but pleasantly surprised

76_DetailHeader_LgImg.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here