Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, very exciting thanks, although doing the necessary environmental health procedures perhaps less so !

The café is on Littlehampton Marina, and is called the Boathouse.

Apparently, what Mark (the brewer) does is make a 'base' bitter and then styles/hops it accordingly to your specifications. I think he just made an IPA for The Egremont in Worthing.

Ironically, Mark is an anglicized German....

Good luck. Keep us all informed of how the venture is going. If I'm ever down your way I'll drop in.

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
Thanks for the plug AR!

Early days yet with the business, but really keen to do some (subtle) Albion themes in one or two of the new beers coming out later this year. Then I just need to sort out distribution down south...

That black lager is - honestly - delicious. Tried some at a farm shop in Dunbar back in March, went back the next day and it had all gone...!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Hi there. We recently joined Eebria Trade which is a very straightforward way of distributing. Not much to lose by joining up...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks! You're right, Eebria is straightforward and I am signed up to that (although I've just had to zero stock levels as I'm away for a couple of weeks). Who do you work for? Are you selling or buying on Eebria?

Once I'm back I'll get everything updated on there. The challenge really is to generate sales without any kind of sales presence in the south, which is where a good traditional distributor could at least help.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks! You're right, Eebria is straightforward and I am signed up to that (although I've just had to zero stock levels as I'm away for a couple of weeks). Who do you work for? Are you selling or buying on Eebria?

Once I'm back I'll get everything updated on there. The challenge really is to generate sales without any kind of sales presence in the south, which is where a good traditional distributor could at least help.
We're from Brighton and called Lost+Found.
It's even better than I thought with Eebria as they take just 10% not 15%.

Only joined last week and we're getting 2 good orders per day so far. Generally bottle shops up north.

Distribution was always going to be an issue for us outside Sussex but then Matthew Clark rang us asking to take us on. That was a silver bullet to solve all potential problems.
I'll happily pass on the contact details of their head of beer buying if you like. DM if you want to know more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Working in Mannheim, Germany this week and made my second visit to Taproom Jungbusch. It is the only craft beer pub in the city although there is a good craft beer shop in the middle of the city.

Taproom always has 12 different beers on draft and a number of bottles and cans. I had a nice Gose from Leipzig tonight and also a dry lemon sour from Co Sligo. They have a great range including a couple of strong IPAs and a 9.2% Imperial Stout - not the sort of thing you find in most german bars.

You can also order a fairly decent burger and chips from the restaurant over the road who deliver it to you at the bar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spent some of last night in the Omnipollo Hatt which is the brewery's tap room. Pick of an small but excellent list was Noa, Pecan Mudcake Imperial Stout from the slush machine.

Attachments

• IMG_7183.JPG
    IMG_7183.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 199

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Omnipollo Magnus Opus Bourbon barrel aged cinnamon pecan mud cake stout with toasted poppy seeds, charcoal and cold smoked bacon.

Attachments

• IMG_7198.JPG
    IMG_7198.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 178

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In there now and they've never had it.

So, to complete this tale, Hennings in Goring claimed to have never had Magic Rock High Wire Grapefruit but were happy to order me some in. I've yet to pick mine up, but I know they ordered 24 cans, of which I've taken 12, so I'm assuming the remaining 12 will be on the shelves if you're interested.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, to complete this tale, Hennings in Goring claimed to have never had Magic Rock High Wire Grapefruit but were happy to order me some in. I've yet to pick mine up, but I know they ordered 24 cans, of which I've taken 12, so I'm assuming the remaining 12 will be on the shelves if you're interested.

I've got no idea where I got them from then, but that is good of them. Might pop down there. Always good to pick up a few bottles of wine from too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've got no idea where I got them from then, but that is good of them. Might pop down there. Always good to pick up a few bottles of wine from too

It does look like a veritable Aladdin's cave in there. I didn't know it was there, and my Mum lives pretty close by. I'm going to make sure I visit them now, and try to avoid buying my wine from the supermarket.

Jul 7, 2003
Still no sign of the craft beer off licence on Tarring Road, Worthing. It's a shame as I was talking to a bloke in Brooksteed a while back who was going to open a craft beer offie in Worthing but as he had heard about the one on Tarring Road decided to look for another town to open in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still no sign of the craft beer off licence on Tarring Road, Worthing. It's a shame as I was talking to a bloke in Brooksteed a while back who was going to open a craft beer offie in Worthing but as he had heard about the one on Tarring Road decided to look for another town to open in.

Which reminds me, last night I was told about this new micro pub in Goring Road....

http://www.thegeorgifin.co.uk

Jul 7, 2003
Which reminds me, last night I was told about this new micro pub in Goring Road....

http://www.thegeorgifin.co.uk

Not been there yet. Hopefully it is more Brooksteed than Green Man. That part of town has so few places to drink that if it is half decent they should have a good business there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here