Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did Brewdog get bought out too recently HT ?

23% to a American investment company. Not a true sell out in my opinion. Their value was £350m in the last 1/4 of 2016 and is now £1b. Punk IPA is popping up in so many bars now so that investment must paying off. The two founders still own a controlling percentage of shares.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did Brewdog get bought out too recently HT ?

Hugo has supplied the answer. All I'll add is that they've had private investment since 2009 so it's not new.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• IMG_7443.JPG
    IMG_7443.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 107

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the thread before (apologies if it has) but Aldi has some rather nice, cheap IPAs including an American IPA which (for under a quid I think) is a bit of a steal in my opinion.

Asda at the marina has an amazing range at reasonable prices as well.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Had a Grey Ghost IPA a few days ago, from the Raw Brewing Company in Derbyshire. It's a chunky 5.9%,but is one of the best beers I've had in a while, and I drink a lot of IPAs.
Went to The Brooksteed for the first time since it's changed hands last night, and can happily say everything was tip top. Was on the Hylder Blonde Ale, from Dark Star, 4.2% and refreshing after a hot day in a pokey kitchen.
Finally, me and a couple of Albion supporting mates got through a veritable smorgasbord of ale at Arundel Cricket week a couple of weeks ago, with beer from Weiphanstephaner, Goldmarks, Schneider, Brewdog and the astonishing Cloudwater Brewery. We were drunk and sunburnt and winning at life....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a Grey Ghost IPA a few days ago, from the Raw Brewing Company in Derbyshire. It's a chunky 5.9%,but is one of the best beers I've had in a while, and I drink a lot of IPAs.
Went to The Brooksteed for the first time since it's changed hands last night, and can happily say everything was tip top. Was on the Hylder Blonde Ale, from Dark Star, 4.2% and refreshing after a hot day in a pokey kitchen.
Finally, me and a couple of Albion supporting mates got through a veritable smorgasbord of ale at Arundel Cricket week a couple of weeks ago, with beer from Weiphanstephaner, Goldmarks, Schneider, Brewdog and the astonishing Cloudwater Brewery. We were drunk and sunburnt and winning at life....

Totally with you on this. I posted about one of their beers on the previous page albeit a collab with Brewdog. Their DIPAs are incredible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting collaboration between Brooklyn Brewery and London Fields of Hackney, London

http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/international/london-here-we-come/

Always liked Brooklyn Brewery for their innovation and experimenting with different brews, and this kind of joint venture can only be good news.

This is mentioned in post 1441 and London Fields have been bought out by Carlsberg. So it's a venture between these two. I have a lot of time for Brooklyn so I'm intrigued as to how this pans out.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is mentioned in post 1441 and London Fields have been bought out by Carlsberg. So it's a venture between these two. I have a lot of time for Brooklyn so I'm intrigued as to how this pans out.
Didn't know that - Thanks. I guess sometimes you just have to sup with the Devil.

Jul 7, 2003
I've been told that there is another micro-pub opening on South Street Tarring just up from the Green Man. Anyone know anything about this?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say we are ASTOUNDINGLY blessed with top quality craft beer brewers right here in Sussex. My local offie, the very excellent Hartleys at the bottom of Preston Drove must stock more or less the full range of beers from at least half a dozen of them. Latest local favourite which has muscled it's way into my affections is the superb Gun Brewery. Website here (http://www.gunbrewery.co.uk). Reckon I have personally wolfed down most of their glorious super-citrus DIPA. Hartleys manager says they're not making any more for now. They have however introduced an equally glorious Whisky Imperial Stout (ABV 7.4%). Happy daze!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Totally with you on this. I posted about one of their beers on the previous page albeit a collab with Brewdog. Their DIPAs are incredible.

I went to the Staggeringly Good beer festival on HMS Warrior in Portsmouth a couple of weeks ago, incidentally a fantastic venue for drinking beer, and they had a secret bar, the prize for locating was Cloudwater DIPA London Ale on tap. 9+%, amazing stuff.

I'm going to finish the breakfast shift today and then heading off to Olympia for the Great British beer festival, and to be honest, I'm going looking for the Cloudwater bar as soon as I get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here