Ched Evans

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
also released Steve Simonson, what an awful week for him..... weren't we once after him?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thought they would have waited until after the time to appeal has expired or the appeal been rejected.

Why? he was out of contract, he signed a 3 year deal in 2009 so they've released him, it was very unlikely they'd offer him a new contract while he's locked up, regardless of a possible appeal.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
On a serious note, i know Steve Simonson can't take a penalty to save his life but would it be worth Poyet having a look at him? I've no idea how old he is or if he's any good. He's played for Everton and Stoke in the premier league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? he was out of contract, he signed a 3 year deal in 2009 so they've released him, it was very unlikely they'd offer him a new contract while he's locked up, regardless of a possible appeal.

Sorry didnt realize that he was out of contract so in actual fact he hasnt been released as he was a free agent and no longer attached to the club, in the same way that Murray was last summer with us.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
On a serious note, i know Steve Simonson can't take a penalty to save his life but would it be worth Poyet having a look at him? I've no idea how old he is or if he's any good. He's played for Everton and Stoke in the premier league.

he had a good game to be fair, kept the blades in the game and was the reason it went to penalties in the first place. no idea how he's been all season though....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
he had a good game to be fair, kept the blades in the game and was the reason it went to penalties in the first place. no idea how he's been all season though....

Seen a few United fans on Twitter saying he's had a poor season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here