Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Westhill

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Shameless self-promotion but in my defence a few people on here have asked me about stuff. After 3 months of unemployment as of June 4th i'm the new landlord of the Westhill, I will be having the holdup DJ's playing indie music on a Saturday night, no dance floor but we are open until 3am!

Sadly it's a non-football pub and there isn't a thing I can do about that so watch sky elsewhere then pop by!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I know the pub well, know the outgoing landlady (very briefly went out with her 15-odd years ago) and bar manager (friend of a friend) and have popped in a couple of times a week while they had it. It's a tough place to draw a crowd - the walk up the hill puts off a lot of fat bastards, and a lot of the clientele seem to be commuters stopping off on their way back home (7 Dials area) from the train station - unfortunately, most of them only have one pint, so getting them to stay longer is probably the key. Best of luck with it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great news. Please please PLEASE clean the lines! You'll be quids in if you do. I live 100 yards away but have to avoid the place as the ale is amongst the worst in Brighton. I know plenty of others that do the same. If you serve a decent pint of Harveys you'll be sorted. It's something that's seriously lacking up here!

Once you've done that, can you change it back to the Belle vue?! :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is fantastic news. This is one of my favourite late night pubs. I was in there about a month or so ago enquiring about its future as I heard it was changing hands. If you get a couple of decent ales on and some decent music (Hold Up every week?) you will guarantee me and my gang for sure....especially if you're still open until 3am.

I wish you all the best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is fantastic news. This is one of my favourite late night pubs. I was in there about a month or so ago enquiring about its future as I heard it was changing hands. If you keep a couple of decent ales on and some decent music (Hold Up every week?) you will guarantee me and my gang for sure....especially if you're still open until 3am.

I wish you all the best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Such good news I have double posted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS please do NOT be tempted to get a plasma screen and Sky tv.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a coincidence. My daughter has booked lunch in there this Sunday to celebrate her birthday.
You've got a Vegan menu apparently. :eek:
And Harvey's :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
harveys and tribute! yes holdup will be every week on a saturday, big itch and born bad djs on a friday too.

You will definitely see me and Frau Tubthumper as my missus is into Born Bad.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What Notters said. I've had probably the worst tasting Harvey's in there. I live round the corner, also.
Good luck with it.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
With the increased capacity at the Amex , the Bell will be even more packed, so we'll just walk up the hill once the season has started

Before then : Presumably By weekends you do include Fridays for the 3am close

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about a Dark Star beer as well? (hint, hint).

Let him sort out the Harvey's first....seems like it needs some TLC.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Great news. Please please PLEASE clean the lines! You'll be quids in if you do. I live 100 yards away but have to avoid the place as the ale is amongst the worst in Brighton. I know plenty of others that do the same. If you serve a decent pint of Harveys you'll be sorted. It's something that's seriously lacking up here!

Once you've done that, can you change it back to the Belle vue?! :)

twas the West Hill before the Belle Vue, if you want retro it's got it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here