Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worlds biggest swimming pool

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Imagine finding a floater in there. It'll take days to drain it.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Awesome isnt it, you see someone stated why is it all brits talk about floaters hehe, most people just dont get our wit do they, its just light hearted humour.
But i would be interested what you have to do to be able to use this swimming pool, its quite funny that it even lets boats use this facilities, shows how amazing it is, and the water wow looks amazing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It looks great, but I thought it was going to be in Vegas or somewhere inland. Why have a massive sea water pool and fake beach when the real thing is 50 yards away, unless the sea in Chile is full of sharks and floaters.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
In Chile of all places!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whatever find out post it in here, as be interesting, also good point about not using the sea instead i guess this is a safer area if not experienced swimmer or want to avoid risks, or wants perfection eg no waves etc.

Fair point and you are probably right, I went all the way to Sri Lanka and could not go in the sea due to very strong currants. They would not have built it there if there was not a good reason.
If this thread was titled where do you think this is, Chile would not have been in my top 100 guesses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where are the bloody slides!
The only possible reply.

My reason for having a snooker room instead of a pool, when I'm a multi millionaire, is because you can't get a pool big enough to be fun.
They build one and it still isn't fun.

pool wankers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnificent, added to one of my places to visit - that is stunning

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Whatever find out post it in here, as be interesting, also good point about not using the sea instead i guess this is a safer area if not experienced swimmer or want to avoid risks, or wants perfection eg no waves etc.

Will do matey, might have a look at early bird prices for Spring 2013.
I reckon that huge pool/lake outside the hotels is a major marketing draw as without it, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at the place, however now I'm looking at prices!
They should think about building one between Portslade-Whitehawk... Or just expand the sewage system?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Will do matey, might have a look at early bird prices for Spring 2013.
I reckon that huge pool/lake outside the hotels is a major marketing draw as without it, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at the place, however now I'm looking at prices!
They should think about building one between Portslade-Whitehawk... Or just expand the sewage system?

I bet its pricey as the appeal is the size but i bet that its never overcrowded with people as most swimming pools do get, so a real perk for using the accmodation offered in this area, i love that the ocean is right on the doorstep so can hear waves crashing but got the safety and beauty of the massive swimming pool, i think its a great idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here