Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You need 7.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lua Lua doesn't get into the top 7, which is exactly what Tony Adams would expect.
He could swap for Kemy, but he doesn't go above Calde who ain't having the Albion dissed.
Or Crofts who seems to have found a terrier quality.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I reckon Nathan Jones looks like he'd be shaking your hand one minute and head butting you the next.

Player wise I'm not sure Ince or Agustein would be the kind if guys to start a fight, but I reckon they've got the physical presence to end one rapidly.

Also agree with everyone else, this thread is amazing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Upson in there? I reckon he'd be in the top 7 easy.
Too classy, and next to 'the big man'.
He's had so many chances to get stuck in, but doesn't he just goes about his job.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a tunnel ruck Upson is stood in the corner garroting the opposition with cheese wire.
Quietly and efficiently.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
AEA
GG
Crofts
Upson
Barnes
Calderon
Taricco

END OF THREAD.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Too classy, and next to 'the big man'.
He's had so many chances to get stuck in, but doesn't he just goes about his job.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a tunnel ruck Upson is stood in the corner garroting the opposition with cheese wire.
Quietly and efficiently.

That made me properly laugh. It's also made me picture Oscar as a Mafia hitman for some reason. Seeing the job in front of him and getting it done with as little fuss as possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That made me properly laugh. It's also made me picture Oscar as a Mafia hitman for some reason. Seeing the job in front of him and getting it done with as little fuss as possible.

TBH I think Oscar would be the one id be most scared of, inc Greer and AEA.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I have a feeling that Kemy is an absolute sociopath. He's flair with his massive beard and optimistic Hollywood 70-yard switches, but he's also got an edge, a rage just bubbling away under the surface. I think at some point this season he's going to have an absolute meltdown. There'll be a couple of cynical nibbles at him as he pirouettes away from challenges in a tight area of midfield, and he'll just flip out and throw a punch. Trust me.

Meanwhile Crofts, Barnes, El-Abd and LuaLua should all definitely make the list. I agree that Upson strikes me as being a silently efficient nasty ******* if necessary. The 'Agent 47' to Gordon Greer's more obvious Glasweigan bar fighter or Kuszczak's wild-eyed, gruff-voiced Eastern European henchman.

So in conclusion, Agustien, Crofts, Barnes, El-Abd, LuaLua, Upson, and in a straight 50/50 coin toss between GG and TK, I'm going to go for TK.

On a side note I really enjoyed on Saturday when Danny Shittu clotheslined Buckley in full flow, the ref strangely waved play on, and as Shittu turned around to stand over Buckley's prone body and mouth off in his ear, as if to suggest Will had taken a dive, our no30 leapt to his feet and got in the man mountain's face. Took me by surprise but nice to see he was backing himself against statistically the world's largest man.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Ward has the look of a mad Irishman, no way he wouldnt be in for some windmilling haymaking pugilistic shenanigans, easily in the the top 7. Andrews too seems to be very under-rated, he looks a bit of a headbutt merchant. And Ulloa with his previous history of red cards and fiery South American temperament, one hint of somebody disrespecting corned beef and he would be in there kicking and stamping, a dirty devious fighter is our Leo.

I have to disagree with Greers inclusion, been in England too long and probably wears pants under his kilt! All haggis and no bagpipes I reckon!!

Oct 25, 2003
Ince is the kind of guy who would give you quite a lot of chances in a quite calm way....casually informing you of all the outrageous acts he will commit if you continue to push him. Push him too far and he's going to cause an absolute bloodbath. The kind of guy who never starts fights, but ends them within seconds when pushed into one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***PEOPLE CONCENTRATE***
I think I might have mislead the Tony Adams discussion with talk of Mathew 'cheese wire' Upson.

Maksimenko definitely knows how to kill a man....he hasn't used it....but he just knows....lots and lots of ways.
That may well be the case, but can he do it on a cold, wet, Wednesday night v Blackburn?

We are not talking some Jackie Chan bollox here.
This is keys in fists, heads through vending machines, windmills, whiskey bottles to the back of the head, headbutts, thrown over bar, while a piano is played ever faster.
When the dust settles the reason for the rumpus has to be something along the lines of:-

'he wiped a bogey on the wall and laughed about it'

Which is why Calde is in the top 10 and

a straight 50/50 coin toss between GG and TK, I'm going to go for TK.
I have to disagree with Greers inclusion, been in England too long and probably wears pants under his kilt! All haggis and no bagpipes I reckon!!
if Greer isn't #1 you have no idea what's going on.

Also Ulloa is the standard they will be after, it's the Isthmian leaguers job to get him out of there unscathed.

And yes way too much thought has gone into this thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***NSFW rude words***

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Greer is probably the angriest man in the world so I reckon we can count on him.

Want his first action for us to NUT someone after just coming back from his suspension he earned at Swindon?!

It was either that it a punch. Either way, he's ANGRY!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Kemy must have been brought in with this thread in mind.

So far he's done nothing of note on the pitch.

FWIW, my top 7 would be:

AEA
GG
Tomaz.
Crofts
Barnes
Kemy
Ince.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glasfryn, I had to include that very old video, having plagiarised most of it anyway.
Doesn't stop it being funny though.

Kemy must have been brought in with this thread in mind.

So far he's done nothing of note on the pitch.

FWIW, my top 7 would be:

AEA
GG
Tomaz.
Crofts
Barnes
Kemy
Ince.
If Adams is correct, it's nice that we've now comfortably got the magical 7, up to double figures.
It was definitely an area Gus was light on, I wonder if the management team made a conscious to reign it the 'competition' for chief nutter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here