Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You need 7.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If we need a captain for the Psycho Seven it has to be ‘Doug The Thug’ Rougvie. Still revered by Chelsea fans for a straight red after viciously headbutting Jon Fashanu after just 10 minutes in a proper ding dong against Wimbledon. For you golden oldies like me, watching Rougvie at the heart of the Albion defence was a spectacle in itself as so many forwards ‘disappeared’ following a clattering from Rougvie in the first few minutes. He had the look and manner of a nutter. And he was a proper big lump too….

When I saw Propper and White get a mention on the modern list it did bring a smile to my face….

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think given his vocal on pitch displays and outspoken nature in the press you’ve got to also have Lallana in there even if he is a bit Scrappy Do like. Can’t fault his commitment though

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Should we get Andone back into the first team fold, it will be irrelevant. Our 7 will be him and any six others behind him shouting “florin! Florin! They’ve had enough!”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I saw Propper and White get a mention on the modern list it did bring a smile to my face….

You leave my boy out of this:-

FOR THE ALBION

[tweet]1393283771479232516[/tweet]

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If we need a captain for the Psycho Seven it has to be ‘Doug The Thug’ Rougvie. Still revered by Chelsea fans for a straight red after viciously headbutting Jon Fashanu after just 10 minutes in a proper ding dong against Wimbledon. For you golden oldies like me, watching Rougvie at the heart of the Albion defence was a spectacle in itself as so many forwards ‘disappeared’ following a clattering from Rougvie in the first few minutes. He had the look and manner of a nutter. And he was a proper big lump too….

Andy Rollings is the go to guy for looking after Fashanu.

However, this is about the current squad although an All Star 7 might be fun...

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I think given his vocal on pitch displays and outspoken nature in the press you’ve got to also have Lallana in there even if he is a bit Scrappy Do like. Can’t fault his commitment though
a. Made of crisps
b. Don't touch the face, not the face!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
a. Made of crisps
b. Don't touch the face, not the face!

Also there's no way he'd get into a rumble with Liverpool, Southampton and the even more unlikely Bournemouth.

Whereas Andone would ram Clipperty's teeth down his throat just for saying Romania was in Eastern Europe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are absolutely 100% correct, without a shadow of doubt in my mind - but you're also very wrong!

A quick reminder of the brief.

This isn't about some handbags down 'Spoons, with a couple of windmilling Stone Island clad wannabes.

This is The Albion they're rucking for.
This is respecting the club, the badge, the shirt, the owner, the Stripes - Your team mates.

Andone (he's a bit special as the criteria doesn't apply, but there's no way it's happening without him)

Dunk should never be below 2nd on the list.
Sanchez ain't backing down.
Neither is Veltman (good call)
Gross
Webster
Maupay.

Biss.

March
White

But let's be honest they're only involved so the older boys don't give them a hard time afterwards.

Much as I rate them as footballers

Ben.jpgSolly.jpg

No, just No :nono:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Andone
Maupay
Dunk
Webster
Veltman
Sanchez

Are the genuine members I think we are still looking for number 7 but MacAllister or Moder could grow into that place.
Could Lamptey be a dark horse yes I know he is minute but might be like a little terrier nipping at the heels, also the new goalie at 6' 8" has got to be in with a shout.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, just No :nono:
Oh of course, esp Solly as he's just a little lad.

Were he ever to be promoted into the 7 then I'm wagering my left testicle on our upcoming relegation.

But it's still nice to know the little'uns would get involved.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andone
Maupay
Dunk
Webster
Veltman
Sanchez

Are the genuine members I think we are still looking for number 7 but MacAllister or Moder could grow into that place.
Could Lamptey be a dark horse yes I know he is minute but might be like a little terrier nipping at the heels, also the new goalie at 6' 8" has got to be in with a shout.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Until such time as a different kind of striker (one that scores) arrives Lamptey is the 'standard'.

The sole job of the little'uns is to get Lamps the fudge out of Dodge, whether he wants out or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still got the old magic

[tweet]1418947170745585667[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As the window is being readied to slam shut, I assume all thoughts are drifting towards the inevitable question:-

Where are we now?

Obviously in one move we've gone from meh to f**k yeah, but the 7 still needs to be finalised.

I bring this up now because the Player of the Moment is causing me concern.

Eastern European - check.
Polish - Double check.
Big b*****d - check.

But is 7 material?

I've not seen anything from him yet to suggest he's anything other than a pretty boy.

The lad's got a game and a half to prove it, or else he might find himself in the wilderness with Solly till at least February.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As is customary in the afterglow of the window slamming shut:-

Where are we now?

Duffy.
Dunk.
(Oh my it feels so reassuring to write that)

Webster
Maupay.
Sanchez
(As a top 5 that has to be one of the best in the division)

Groß
Veltman

These could and obviously should be Lamptey and Bis, especially Tariq but it's a luxury to be able to keep them out of the firing line.

I've got high hopes for Claudia's other half.

Which puts us up to 9, so it's not all as bad as it looks.

Moder had his opportunity to place high in the team but didn't show v Everton.
He's now rivaling Solly as Head Girl.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate this is a niche thread with only a few who get it's relevance.
But I'll hazard a guess a few more get it now.

There have been seasons, documented here, where the team would have folded under last night's pressure, before and after the whistle.

You do need seven.
We have got seven.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking Webster's gutted to have missed out, last night.

Noice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here