Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ESU Scaffolding

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I had an opportunity to visit the stadium earlier this evening .I popped out to check the progress onthe ESU. It's clearly just scaffolding at the mo ,but very encouraging none the less.

20120502195114.jpg

20120502194801.jpg

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Inside concourse in the South stand has been dissected it to several marked out squares Assume for support pillars.
This was done before the U18 England game.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Stick a few deck chairs on that - job done.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think you'll find this could all just be for the screens, rigging, etc for Fatboy slim. I could be wrong.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Think you'll find this could all just be for the screens, rigging, etc for Fatboy slim. I could be wrong.

I don’t think it is, there was a picture on the official site of the early installation of this scaffolding and it clearly stated it was part of the expansion.

On a related subject, anyone know what the time scale was for expansion, I’m sure I read in the saints programme it was 10 weeks???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looks like Withdean

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
As of this morning, still not a great deal to look at but by the time i left there were at least 5 workmen on top of the scaffolding and 'stuff' looked to be happening.

Spoke to Martin Perry and he said the Council sent someone down last night and was amazed how well it was going and how fast. Good stuff all round

photo (2).JPG

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Scaffolding must be just to take out the temporary frontage to the 1901 area, I'm guessing they'll then bring in the concrete terracing and then fit the more upmarket plate glass 'french windows' at the end, like in the West Stand

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
A wonderful sight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here