Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for tonight?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Couldnt find another thread on this so here goes.

Saturdays game shouldve put play offs thoughts to bed so now I think its time we looked at some of the players who are on the borderline for next season's squad. I agree wholeheartedly with Gus's comments and think only Greer, Dunk, El Abd, Calde, Bridcutt, Dicker (as cover), Navs (as cover),Vicente (if he wants it), Buckley, Lua Lua, Barnes, CMS and Noone (possibly) are safe for next season. I aslo think Gus will be looking for replacements for Greer, Calde and Navs as they are getting on. So Im not Gus and he knows better than me but assuming they are showing promise in training I would like to see the following given a try:

Martinez ()or has he gone)
Kasim
Caskey
Agdestein
Hall

maybe Bergkamp as he seems to be improving...

Is Elphick anywhere near fit as I would put him down as unsure too. Anyone else deserve a try out before the end of the season.

The Watford game is a perfect opportunity.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Couldnt find another thread on this so here goes.

Saturdays game shouldve put play offs thoughts to bed so now I think its time we looked at some of the players who are on the borderline for next season's squad. I agree wholeheartedly with Gus's comments and think only Greer, Dunk, El Abd, Calde, Bridcutt, Dicker (as cover), Navs (as cover),Vicente (if he wants it), Buckley, Lua Lua, Barnes, CMS and Noone (possibly) are safe for next season. I aslo think Gus will be looking for replacements for Greer, Calde and Navs as they are getting on. So Im not Gus and he knows better than me but assuming they are showing promise in training I would like to see the following given a try:

Martinez ()or has he gone)
Kasim
Caskey
Agdestein
Hall

maybe Bergkamp as he seems to be improving...

Is Elphick anywhere near fit as I would put him down as unsure too. Anyone else deserve a try out before the end of the season.

The Watford game is a perfect opportunity.
Gus was saying he thought it would be unfair to the league if we played too many fringe players. It could well influence the play-off's if for example we put out a team speckled with 'developementors'. So tonight, maybe a last chance for the players that looked so woeful at Upton Park

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Play offs not out of my thoughts it's not like we're chasing a team in form teams like reading or a man utd who you wouldn't expect to slip up . The likes of Blackpool and Cardiff could all slip up again for me tonight is the last chance saloon a win and they slip up were back in it it could still go down to Barnsley game I STILL BELIEVE , strongest team possible tonight 3 points onto Birmingham Saturday .

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
'Don't give up on us Baby'

Play offs not out of my thoughts it's not like we're chasing a team in form teams like reading or a man utd who you wouldn't expect to slip up . The likes of Blackpool and Cardiff could all slip up again for me tonight is the last chance saloon a win and they slip up were back in it it could still go down to Barnsley game I STILL BELIEVE , strongest team possible tonight 3 points onto Birmingham Saturday .

Fully agree it can all change around after this round of games and could go down to the wire.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Lets attack

Brezovan

Calderon El-Abd Greer Mattock

Buckley Bridcutt Vicente Lua-Lua

CMS Agdestein

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Argus are pretty accurate and they are predicting:

Brezovan
Mattock
El-Abd
Greer
Calderon
Dicker
Bridcutt
Vicente
Lua-Lua
CMS
Buckley

I'd rather see Navarro than Dicker but otherwise I'd be happy if we started with that side tonight. Thought Navarro had a great game against Reading, I wasn't at West Ham so cannot comment on how well he played but then did anyone play well? If Mattock is out still I'd like to see Grant Hall given another game at left back, I know he's naturally a centre back but I thought he looked decent in the two games he's appeared in.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And why oh why would he put Dicker in, in place of Navs? Navs has been getting better and better playing just in front of Bridcutt (albeit when I've seen him at home) - so why play Dicker who was at fault for at least 2 of the goals on Saturday? I really don't get it.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Even if play-offs turns out to have been impossible I'd still rather put out the best team and break the streak with a home win against mid-table opposition. This is no time to be dropping points at home by playing youth players, they have a point to prove.

The fact that Gus is even considering this just tells me some of the players might be getting tired.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I would really love to see a central midfield 3 of Caskey, Bridcutt and Vicente, with maybe Gonzalez given a go. Also see no reason not to give Dunky a start after El Abd's suprisingly poor performance on Saturday. Perhaps El Abd is just tired now after having to come back and play so many games after injury without a pre-season under his belt.

I really think this team would be able to supply CMS with the service he needs to start finding the net again...

.................... Gonzalez ................

Calderon ... Greer ... Dunk ... Mattock

.......... Bridcutt ..... Caskey ...........

................... Vicente ..................

LuaLua ......................... Assulin

..................... CMS ....................

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Too early to experiment

Strongest team tonight to WIN BIG

And then we see how the other results fall for us ( Come on Derby and Leeds !)

.................... Brezovan................

Calderon ... Greer ... El Abd... Mattock

.......... Bridcutt ..... Caskey ...........

................... Vicente ..................

Buckley......................... LuaLua

..................... CMS ....................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Until we mathematically can't get in the play offs we should play our strongest team

That is the correct answer and the one that I think Gus will go with. it would look bad if he didn't.
I would agree with Sparkies team but think that Gus may play Navarro instead of JFC. Brezovan or Ankergren could go either way depends how Gus is thinking

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's interesting to see all of us not plucking for Reyes at all, anywhere.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whichever way it goes I think Gus will go for bust tonight knowing that we have to win and rely on other results anything other than a win is of no use to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here