• 6-0

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • end of game

Votes: 42 51.2%

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i seem to remember earlier on this season the pious brigade going nuts about people leaving a game early and being a disgrace to the club.

so when did you leave on Saturday......surely no one left before final whistle......that would make you a crap albion fan!

personally left 5-0,reached the point when i thought we would struggle to get a result and i fancied a pint......im obviously a shit albion fan with a drinking problem

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I left when the 6th goal went in. It was only the second time that I have left before the final whistle; the performance didn't warrant me staying to applaud and the opportunity to avoid a massive queue at Upton Park beckoned!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
come on chaps dont just vote,lets hear some cracking excuses why you left early.....the children from the North Stand cant comprehend people leaving a game early.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
come on chaps dont just vote,lets hear some cracking excuses why you left early.....the children from the North Stand cant comprehend people leaving a game early.

I am the worst fan!

I travelled up Saturday morning, had a few pints, and a pie, with the boys and had a bad feeling. So I got back on the train and went home.

In reality I once left Withdean at half time, after arriving at 3.15!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I stayed until the final whistle. Must be a glutton for punishment.

In fairness, I can understand why people left early. Absolutely shocking performance, we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing, loads of homophobic abuse and mickey taking which got progressively worse with each goal. We were the laughing stock!

Hardly saw anything of Gus on the touchline either so clearly he didn't fancy some of it!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Stayed till the end and I moved seat closer to the top for about 10 minutes. Upton Park tube wasn't that long, maybe 20 minutes?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
left at the final whistle - had been discussing leaving with my mate at 5 nil but kind of had this lets see it through metality. I left on 65 mins when we got spanked at brentford one year.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I was lucky enough to be sat in the directors box on Saturday, Behind me was Ray Bloom, Dick Knight and one of Gus's sons. By the end of the game only Dick was left, the others had left way before the end of the game, I had the pleasure of sitting with Mr Knight for the last 20 mins and chatted to him which was very interesting and the man is a true gentleman. He was shall I say though, very embarressed like us with the performace and the results and very miffed with the recent selections away from home. We both left together after the final whistle.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Left at the final whistle, more out of shock than anything else.

Stayed to the final whistle when Stoke turned us over at the Withdean 05/06 and till the end when Palace smashed 5 past us at Selhurst.

After these 3 have I earnt enough stripes to become a super fan yet?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
left at 4-0 along with loads of others who i knew at the exit gate. TBH we could have left at 12 mins in it was that poor. Walking uo the roiad we heard the cheers for the 5th and walked even fatser to the station.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1)Was tempted to go home when I saw Gus' team selection before kick-off.
2) Knew it was game over after 7 minutes but that was simply too early to call it a day.
3) Sorely sorely tempted to go at 3-0 ( 11 minutes ) but loyalty prevailed.
4) Had lost all interest by half-time and decided then that 4-0 would do it for me.
5) Left as 4th went in ( 62 mins )....in loo when 5th went in, driving when 6th announced on radio.

Don't think WHU were that good. Gus picked totally the wrong line-up ( as at Burnley ) We were on the back foot as soon as Brezovan got out of the way of Vaz Te's shot. I was right behind it and although it wobbled slightly, he seemed to completely lose the flight of the ball. The moment that Gus decided to back Brez as no.1 was the moment our play-off hopes went out of the window. The man is hopeless and unsettles all around him. Greer allowed himself to be outjumped by the smaller Vaz Te and the defence was pulled completely out of position for the 3rd.
It was nothing short of abject surrender. For me, the worst display of the season. Playing a lone striker who cannot hold the ball, cannot head the ball and is physically lightweight is just ridiculous. A completely defensive formation in a game we had to win. It just defies belief.
The manager has made as many mistakes as the players in recent games and it has cost us dear. We have a massive squad and Gus changes every game. We have 3 of the most exciting wide players in the Championship and yet, he doesn't start any of them.
We had a massive chance to make the play-offs but we have blown it and the last six away performances have been pitiful. ( 3 points and 3 goals ! )Certain players do not perform away and need to be replaced.
Gus needs to learn mighty fast from all these mistakes, so we can all look forward to a more consistent season next time, not a succession of peaks and troughs.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Stayed until the end, clapped the players as they came over and joined in the chorus of "Albion, Albion"....doesn't make me a better or worse fan than anyone else, just expressing personal choice. I've got no issue with anyone leaving early, did the same myself against Palace at home and Southampton away...My son was ready to go after the fourth, it was his 11th league away game and the first time he seen us lose!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Snuck out at about 85 minutes to get the tube and back to a pub to drown sorrows. Was amazed by the sheer numbers of West Ham fans who had already left the ground by that point. I was expecting it to be mainly Brighton fans but wasn't like that at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here