Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Do you like the Gus style of football?

Don't Mention The War Basil Fawlty's Avatar
    What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…!”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yes of course I do. But we haven't had a plan B this season in many games, when teams have worked us out. Hopefully in the Summer we will get the type players Gus wants, then we'll look stronger from back to front.
    Croc Croc Yellow Army - 2009 NSC Six-a-side CHAMPIONS

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 34064 Fighter Command View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Gus has got the right style of play.

I go to watch a game in order to be entertained, and I'd rather see a skillfull passing game than watch a bunch of cloddhopping thugs kick seven shades of sh!t out of each other (as Leeds seem to like to do) regardless of how effective it might be. If I wanted that then I might as well watch a game of rugby.

If we need to improve, it's in our pace and hold up play.

If we are going to get beat at playing a passing game then so be it, but at least we don't resort to the kind of tactics that some other teams might employ.

It's football for the purist.
    I also go to watch football to be entertained. For me, endless square and backward passes is far from entertaining. I like to see the ball moved quickly forward, I like to see players like LuaLua run at players with the ball at his feet. I like to see balls into the opposition's box, to be attacked by strikers with ability and strength, or skillful midfielders breaking into the box. That is what I find entertaining.