Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Sam on Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'd be curious to know whether anyone else saw this well. APPARENTLY at about 25 mins into the game, Roberts floored El Abd with a punch, totally off the ball.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
have to take the game to West Ham, cannot go defecnsive minded like he did at Burnley, needs pace, needs wingers, needs goals. Westsham are vunerable at home, they are shite at home, and we are currently shite away, so something has to give, we go there guns blazing we can win this game and be firmly in the mix come Watford. In my opinion, we have fcuk all to lose so pick the best 11 and go for it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd be curious to know whether anyone else saw this well. APPARENTLY at about 25 mins into the game, Roberts floored El Abd with a punch, totally off the ball.

I saw El-Abd go down clutching his face, but didn't quite catch the 'incident'.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
Wasn't at the Reading game but on Five Live Sports Xtra Steve Claridge was critical of the ref for not booking Harte earlier for a succession of fouls on Buckley. There was no mention of Buckley going down easily or that Harte was hard done by when he received a yellow. Anyone listening would have thought that it was an old pro repeatedly fouling a player who was too quick for him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

There were 3 'coming togethers' where ElAbd was struck.

The first time he was slapped across the face by Roberts off the ball (literally a slap with an open hand). El Abd stayed upright.

The second time, Roberts and El Abd tangled on the floor and when they got up he pushed him with both hands (El Abd didnt go down). the ref saw it and didnt book Roberts

In the second half was the straight arm punch to the face where he went over (not sure who did it). It was a punch, it was to the face and yes he probably made the most of it but he didnt when he could have on the first 2.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get what you're saying there, HT - but apart from that, they're a good old bunch: being all Salt of the Earth chirpy sawts - who like nuffink more than a good ol' bubble & a nice plate of delicious Jellied Eels. Oh, & don't forget they won The World Cup too innit. :thumbsup:

And I bet the love their mothers as well, but I'm not having it. Sorry. Let's not forget they sing pretty sick songs as well.

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Biggest game of the season because its a must win for both clubs. If We loose then Its highly unlikely we can reach the play offs and if west ham loose then its unlikely they will get automatic promotion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I take any incident of El Abd being floored with a huge pinch of salt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw El-Abd go down clutching his face, but didn't quite catch the 'incident'.

You didn't catch it because it most likely didn't happen.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I take any incident of El Abd being floored with a huge pinch of salt.

You are being a very harsh man my Teutonic friend.

3 connections, once on the floor seems to indicate a more robust nature.

I remember seeing Keith Dublin in the late 80s completely lamp Mickey Quinn off the ball when they were standing next to each other. It was a huge phwack and Quinn just stood there, rubbing his face and looking to see if it drew blood.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are being a very harsh man my Teutonic friend.

3 connections, once on the floor seems to indicate a more robust nature.

I remember seeing Keith Dublin in the late 80s completely lamp Mickey Quinn off the ball when they were standing next to each other. It was a huge phwack and Quinn just stood there, rubbing his face and looking to see if it drew blood.

Harsh? He has cried wolf too many times for me to waste time working out if it's a genuine knock out or not. I takes a lot to floor someone with a strike to the head.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I thought it was in the second half. They ball had gone into Readings half, El Abd and Roberts were jogging towards the halfway line. Roberts swung out and El Abd went down holding his face.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And what was the famous punch of an Albion player in history? And that wasn't reported either!

I might get several answers ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here