Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans (but it could mean other's ?) Euro 2012 price hike.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm happy watching at home.

It seems unfair on england though, not only that it seems unlikely that england will host anything to do with uefa/fifa in recent future, but as a result of that, going to matches outside the country is naturally going to be expensive. It seems as though someone doesn't want the english around in the world of football anymore. England and the FA should rise up in their righteous might.

Stay at Horlivka, 25 miles from Donetsk, and there are hotel rooms still available to be booked on-line - at £82 per person per night, for the 2 nights you'd want for the game against France.

A bit pricey, no doubt. But not a bank-breaker.

No doubt a more detailed search could come up with a better deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's the same here though, hotel prices in London have gone up during the Olympic period.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Travelodge in Stratford is over £350 per night!!!

Are you being serious? We stayed there last year and my brother in law had his car broken into, whilst parked in their 'secure car park' The room was ok, so was the breakfast. But not worth anything like £50 a night, let alone £350. I am aware that this is the closest to the Olympic stadium, but even so, that price is ridiculous.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Wouldnt watchdog or someone be able to investigate? or they turning a blind eye due to the tax the government will recieve from all these people coming in.....therefore england fans cannot complain if were happy to do it to others

Why would watchdog investigate? You may think it's not the right thing to do morally but it's not illegal. Purely down to supply and demand unfortunately.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
What I think is even worse is that there are reported cases of private landlords terminating tenants contracts so that they can get £5k plus a week. Again, probably legal but IMHO a lot worse than hotels cashing in on a big event.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Rent prices being hiked in East London too. Mine isn't, as i suppose i am on the east London border, and my landlord is both a nice guy and probably makes enough money off it all as it is, but a friend, living in ungodly Clapton of all areas, is having his rent raised because of the Olympics. Landlords looking to get rid of tenants so they can charge a few hundred pounds a night to visitors wanting to get a taste of London during such an event, it seems. Schweinhunds.

Jan 30, 2008
Stay at Horlivka, 25 miles from Donetsk, and there are hotel rooms still available to be booked on-line - at £82 per person per night, for the 2 nights you'd want for the game against France.

A bit pricey, no doubt. But not a bank-breaker.

No doubt a more detailed search could come up with a better deal.
slight understatement LB :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rent prices being hiked in East London too. Mine isn't, as i suppose i am on the east London border, and my landlord is both a nice guy and probably makes enough money off it all as it is, but a friend, living in ungodly Clapton of all areas, is having his rent raised because of the Olympics. Landlords looking to get rid of tenants so they can charge a few hundred pounds a night to visitors wanting to get a taste of London during such an event, it seems. Schweinhunds.

I read about landlords all thinking they can bank a few grand for renting out property for a few weeks during the Olympic. Apparently the market is totally flooded with chancers and prices are dropping unless you have a super desirable pad next door to the stadium.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We gave up trying to get any sensible prices for hotels so are driving over in a motorhome!

Donetsk failed the so many hotel rooms with a certain radius of the stadium, so UEFA let them expand this for this competition. Hardly any regulars going, and if my mates were not driving over I would not have bothered.

I think we sold only just over 2,000 out of 7,500 allocated for the France game. If we had been based in Poland we would have sold out.

Also another example of the rip off is the Thomas Cook day trip for the France game - £499!!!! £485 for the Sweden game in Kiev. A total total rip off. So much for the "official" away travel agent helping out the supporters!

No idea how many tickets the Republic of Ireland have sold, anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here