Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet starts with Navarro and Bridcutt

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On Saturday, after Tuesday nights performance, I recon he needs his bumps felt.
One or the other but surely not both. Dicker did not have a great game on Tuesday by any standards, but the speed the ball moved from front to back through the midfield was there for all to see...If he starts Navarro and Bridcutt from the start, we will be inviting pressure onto ourselves and this will play right into Fat Sam's hands....They let in 4 against Reading, 3 against Birmingham, their defence is all over the shop, surely we have to go there and attack.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You make a very good point - especially once i realised you weren't suggesting we were poor or Navs was poor Tues :lol:

You're right it did show Tues that we get the ball forward a lot quicker with 1 holding midfielder rather than 2. Even tho it's clear Bridders has been playing slightly further up when Navs plays too it isn't the same as having a Dicker or Sparrow there with 1 holding mid - Both their natural games are to sit in front of the back 4. Very difficult to drop one of them in terms of individual performances though...

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
to be fair, if he did play them both it wouldnt bother me too much...

as long as we played vicente in an advanced role, with lua lua and buckley, with cms/vokes up front.
we'll have enough to stop them, and more than enough going forward

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think Gus ever sends a team out with any intention to do other than retain possession and play in the other team's half as much as possible - is that a definition of "attacking? Trouble is that the players don't always manage to turn his intention into practice! He will set up to not lose first and foremost and to create as many scoring opportunities as possible thereafter. It's the Brighton way :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't think Gus ever sends a team out with any intention to do other than retain possession and play in the other team's half as much as possible - is that a definition of "attacking? Trouble is that the players don't always manage to turn his intention into practice! He will set up to not lose first and foremost and to create as many scoring opportunities as possible thereafter. It's the Brighton way :)

And it doesn't work against the better teams. I thought we played Reading off the park on Tuesday night and with the rub of the green could have won easily..If we set up not to lose against West Ham, in a game we have to win...Then we will lose.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
And it doesn't work against the better teams. I thought we played Reading off the park on Tuesday night and with the rub of the green could have won easily..If we set up not to lose against West Ham, in a game we have to win...Then we will lose.

You make a couple of very good points here, I agree with setting up not to lose equalling loss. However I can't see him not starting bridcutt and/or dicker/Navarro. He's done it all season, he's not gonna change it now?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

You make a couple of very good points here, I agree with setting up not to lose equalling loss. However I can't see him not starting bridcutt and/or dicker/Navarro. He's done it all season, he's not gonna change it now?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think it's obvious that we need to abandon playing a striker, that is the solution to all our problems, this half arsed Barcelona impression would only work for so long, we need both cheeks now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

The thing is Bez, he was forced into changes against Southampton and look what happened. Then he was forced into changes on Tuesday and look what almost happened. Then when the old guard are available again he brings them straight back in. Ok, we didn't win on Tuesday night, but I challenge anyone to say that was not as good as we have played all season...If he wants to bring Bridcutt straight back then it should be on the bench. The only change I would make would be at left back, as that is not Reyes natural position. But then you could argue, that he did nothing wrong either.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here