Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheap holidays abroad in Europe

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Looking to go in June after the school holidays finish around the 3rd I think. Anyone got any good ideas where to visit/websites to look at? Went down to Thomas Cook and the prices given there were much more than online. Want a bit of nightlife but nothing to hectic like Ibiza, which made Majorca look quite tempting.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Looking to go in June after the school holidays finish around the 3rd I think. Anyone got any good ideas where to visit/websites to look at? Went down to Thomas Cook and the prices given there were much more than online. Want a bit of nightlife but nothing to hectic like Ibiza, which made Majorca look quite tempting.

Will be watching this thread with interest. Looking to go away around then as well but probably somewhere quieter. Getting old see

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Saw that Icelolly thing advertised on tele the other night. Worth a look

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Ice Lolly dodgy not heard a good word about them i have used Sunmaster far better than ice lolly

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I've just got back from a weekend in Albufeira, Portugal. Booked through a site called Achica. It's a members only site but free to join. They send weekly e-mails including discounted hols. We got a 5* hotel with breakfast included for only £40 a night!! Didn't have to check out till 4pm on the Monday either. Just be aware of pricy flights tho. Albufeira was good if your looking for somewhere that has both scenery, beaches etc as well as a bit of nightlife to have a decent night out as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a one-off, the school holidays are a week later this year, and start that very week you mention.

As soon as they got wind of the change, the UK & overseas tour companies, and UK & overseas cottage/villa owners, and the likes of Centreparcs etc etc ...
all raised their prices massively for that first week of June 2012.

A week or 2 later should give you far lower prices.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

I always use travel republic or OT beach website's. You will never use another one after.

D

Deleted member 18477

Brighton is a really nice location. Nightlife etc... In the summer it's lovely...

Rastamouse84

Mar 30, 2012
Me and the Mrs are off to Zante end of June. Its not booked yet but we normally look on Teletext Holidays website. Booked with them a couple of times and not had a problem yet

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
I've just booked Palma Nova Majorca for cheap price, been going to Albufeira Portugal for a couple of years but fancied a change this year. Both cheap deal places with relatively short flights as i got kids. Travel Republic.co.uk is by far the easiest and probably the cheapest website to use, thoroughly recommend using them. Good luck.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
travel agent mentioned this looks like a nice up and coming place fairly cheap as well

it isn't nice up and coming, been around for about 6 years! been the last two summers. I would only go if you are there in July/first week of August.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Try monarch holidays, Mrs Surrey Jim and I went to Egypt earlier this year, got an all inclusive 10 day holiday in a 4star Hilton hotel for about £400.

Other than that 'on the beach' has some good deals

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lively as in full of 16-25 year olds getting pissed? Or lively as in families and young couples staying up until 1 or 2 ish with music and a few drinks on a warm evening?

Oludeniz (Hisaronu) for the latter
Magaluf for the former

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here