Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan win,get in !!

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Judging by the stats Wigan thoroughly deserved it as well. You can never write this mob off. & the title race? Open again

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good. I quite like Wigan and massive fan of Roberto Martinez. I was exceedingly jealous when Wigan signed (the Three Amigos) Seba, Martinez and Diaz, whilst we were stuck with English cloggers.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
From a corner that came off a Wigan player and a blatant hand ball for a penalty to United in the second half that was refused. United getting all the decisions again [/sarcasm]

I'm sure there will be even more slip ups before the final game, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go down to the final day of the season. Will make it a lot more interesting this way too...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ruined my four-fold on Arsenal, Manchester City, QPR and Manchester United. If it had been any other team I wouldn't have been surprised but United looked shoo-ins tonight and obviously underestimated Wigan.

Well done Leekbrookgull and enjoy your winnings mate. :thumbsup:

At least I had a few quid on Robin Van Persie first goal for Arsenal at Wolves (11/4). He's a legend and absolutely brilliant. Someone you can always rely on.

Made a slight loss overall though. Racing at Aintree for the next three days.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
From a corner that came off a Wigan player and a blatant hand ball for a penalty to United in the second half that was refused. United getting all the decisions again [/sarcasm]

I'm sure there will be even more slip ups before the final game, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go down to the final day of the season. Will make it a lot more interesting this way too...

Wigan had a perfectly good goal chalked off

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Martinez as a manager is one of the best things that has ever happened to English football. Alway's realistic, but positive and with the debt's Wigan have which must affect his budget they are a club punching well above their weight a bit like when we were playing Championship football at Withdean. On that basis only they 'Media Experts' would see this as a surprise/shock result.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Er... Wigan's disallowed goal???

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yep, fan of Wigan and Swansea. Hope they stay up and prosper next year. Wigan will always be up against it though with the small crowds they get.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It does make me chuckle, Wigan limp through the season and look doomed every year, then with a dozen games to go they turn on the style. They've beaten Liverpool and Man Utd in recent weeks and got cheated out a of a point at Stamford Bridge. Fair play to Martinez, does a top job.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Martinez as a manager is one of the best things that has ever happened to English football. Alway's realistic, but positive and with the debt's Wigan have which must affect his budget they are a club punching well above their weight a bit like when we were playing Championship football at Withdean. On that basis only they 'Media Experts' would see this as a surprise/shock result.

He deserves a lot of praise for giving Wigan a chance of pulling off another great escape. Going to Aston Villa last summer would have been interesting and I'm sure they'd now be in the top half easily. He's a really nice guy as well who handled the injustice of Chelsea's fortunate win last Saturday with great dignity under the circumstances.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ruined my four-fold on Arsenal, Manchester City, QPR and Manchester United. If it had been any other team I wouldn't have been surprised but United looked shoo-ins tonight and obviously underestimated Wigan.

Well done Leekbrookgull and enjoy your winnings mate. :thumbsup:

At least I had a few quid on Robin Van Persie first goal for Arsenal at Wolves (11/4). He's a legend and absolutely brilliant. Someone you can always rely on.

Made a slight loss overall though. Racing at Aintree for the next three days.

It's a two horse race. Wigan can play it around and Utd with the 8 point lead THEY had,just might not be at their best ? Just liked the look of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here