Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Political incorrectness at the RSCH

Having placed an advert in "Coastway", a publication that promotes Hospital Radio at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, I received a free copy the other day.

It's full of useful information, puzzles and quizzes, designed to entertain patients while they are enjoying the hospitality of the NHS.

But one quiz question caught my eye ...

"In this novel, ten people, who have previously been complicit in the deaths of others but have escaped notice and/or punishment, are tricked into coming onto an island. Even though the guests are the only people on the island, they are all killed mysteriously one by one, in a manner paralleling an old nursery rhyme. What is the novel called?"

And I know that more recent editions of the novel have been sold under two different titles, but I'm still astonished that this question passed the editorial scrutiny of a right-on organisation like the NHS.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Having placed an advert in "Coastway", a publication that promotes Hospital Radio at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, I received a free copy the other day.

It's full of useful information, puzzles and quizzes, designed to entertain patients while they are enjoying the hospitality of the NHS.

But one quiz question caught my eye ...

"In this novel, ten people, who have previously been complicit in the deaths of others but have escaped notice and/or punishment, are tricked into coming onto an island. Even though the guests are the only people on the island, they are all killed mysteriously one by one, in a manner paralleling an old nursery rhyme. What is the novel called?"

And I know that more recent editions of the novel have been sold under two different titles, but I'm still astonished that this question passed the editorial scrutiny of a right-on organisation like the NHS.

*sigh*

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I know the guys that run things at Coastway & they're as right-on as you can get, giving up loads of their spare time to keep the radio station running & thinking up new ways of raising funds (it's a registered charity & receives nothing from the NHS).
If you have a genuine grievance you should take it up with the person with whom you arranged your advert, rather than bad-mouthing the organisation on here.
Or was your original post just tongue-in-cheek?

I know the guys that run things at Coastway & they're as right-on as you can get, giving up loads of their spare time to keep the radio station running & thinking up new ways of raising funds (it's a registered charity & receives nothing from the NHS).
If you have a genuine grievance you should take it up with the person with whom you arranged your advert, rather than bad-mouthing the organisation on here.
Or was your original post just tongue-in-cheek?
I'm certainly NOT bad-mouthing the work of Coastway, nor the people who sold me the advertising space (who I have got on with extremely well with for several years).

And I have no grievance. I'm just astonished that this sort of thing slips under the radar.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Are you allowed to say "slips under the radar" these days only it might give terrorists an idea?

Careless talk costs lives and all that?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here