Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Brighton and Hove Albion Reserves v Bournemouth Reserves, 11th April, Lancing 7pm*

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It looks like a nice evening to watch JFC and the lads in action...

From the Albion website

Albion's development squad are back in action tonight when they take on Bournemouth at Lancing's Culver Road, kick-off 7pm.

Luke Williams's side will be looking to bounce back from their Sussex Senior Cup exit last week, and finish the domestic season on a high - against the Cherries tonight and Cheltenham Town on Wednesday 25th April (2pm).

First-year youth team defender Bradley Barry is set to start, while supporters could get the first glimpse of former Dorchester striker Ben Dickenson, who has been named among the substitutes.

Admission is £4 adults, £2 concessions and free for season-ticket holders.

Albion: East; Sampayo, Strong, Hall, Barry; Kasim, Forster-Caskey, Rodgers; Agdestein, Barker, March. Subs: James (GK), Simmonds, Sherriff, Dickenson.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looking at the title, thank God it's not the ***Official Match Thread***

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand why Harley, Painter and Ankergren aren't involved. We have a massive squad, but any of them could be required come saturday. They're not getting any game time at all, but we might have to throw them back into the side at the last minute and expect them to do a job. I know the Development Squad is a different thing to the reserves, but I don't think the shift toward only playing players who aren't going to play for the first team is a positive thing. One or two of them will come through, Grant Hall specifically. But the vast majority won't ever play for us for any length of time.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Loads of possession, but like last night no end product. Lots of shots from around and in the box.

Rodgers, Hall, JFC and Dickenson all looked good but very young side up against bigger possibly more experienced players.

Squad:

East; Sampayo, Hall, Strong, Barry; Kasim, Forster-Caskey, Rodgers; March (Oatway 76), Agdestein (Simmonds 76), Barker (Dickenson 76)

Match report:Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Undone by Cherries

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't understand why Harley, Painter and Ankergren aren't involved. We have a massive squad, but any of them could be required come saturday. They're not getting any game time at all, but we might have to throw them back into the side at the last minute and expect them to do a job. I know the Development Squad is a different thing to the reserves, but I don't think the shift toward only playing players who aren't going to play for the first team is a positive thing. One or two of them will come through, Grant Hall specifically. But the vast majority won't ever play for us for any length of time.

Harley is injured, they seem to have more behind closed doors game against Premiership sides when they need to get first team players match fit.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cant recall seeing/hearing of him being in youth/development squads before, is he the same one who played for Bognor?

I don't know, I had to ask myself if he was related. Also Barry played I believe he is related to Gareth, what with Brendan Rodgers son playing we are building a retro kids development squad.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
:lolol: Did you REALLY have you ask if Charlie Oatway is related to Charlie Oatway?

Yes. he obviously did not look much like his dad and from the team sheet I assumed Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway was having a run out.

i don't get to watch the youth team and the fact his son had played for us had passed me by, bad fan....:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here