Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

80's TV

what is it about unemployment and deprevation? It certainly does it for me, presently working my way through Alan Bleasdale's 'Blackstuff/Boys From The Blackstuff' compelling viewing, other nominations are...Mike Leigh's 'Meantime', Willy Russell's 'One Summer' and on a slightly lighter note CH4's 'Prospects' starring the late Gary Olsen

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
what is it about unemployment and deprevation? It certainly does it for me, presently working my way through Alan Bleasdale's 'Blackstuff/Boys From The Blackstuff' compelling viewing, other nominations are...Mike Leigh's 'Meantime', Willy Russell's 'One Summer' and on a slightly lighter note CH4's 'Prospects' starring the late Gary Olsen

Was about to throw in Meantime. Unbelievably depressing, but also, strangely inspiring at the end!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Glaring omission from this list.

Terry & June.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not an identical genre but with some similarities and a great series is " Our friends in the North ".

Both this and Boys From The Blackstuff were written to show the realities of life living up north in the Thatcherite era. Unemployment and deprivation didn't rear its ugly head south of Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here