Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Offical NSC Npower Football Ups and Down (Promotion/Relegation) watch 2012

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Its getting to the business end of the season this weekend and this weekend could be potentially the start of some teams moving division so here is a run down of the shakers and movers:

Npower Championship
It is all too tight to part the three teams at the top of the Championship and this week Southampton play Reading in a key clash at St Marys though neither team can gain promotion to the promised land of the Premier League this weekend.
Doncaster Rovers face struggling Portsmouth this weekend at the Keepmoat. Doncaster will be down if they lose and may still go down even if they manage to win if Bristol City beat Birmingham at St Andrews. Portsmouth could also be relegated if Bristol City get more points then them on Saturday.

Npower League One
Charlton could be promoted on Saturday if they beat Carlisle at Brunton Park and Sheffield Wednesday fail to defeat Colchester at the Weston Homes Community Stadium. Sheffield United currently occupy the other automatic promotion place in League One.
In terms of Relegation from this league three teams could drop this weekend. Dale will go down if they fail to beat Exeter on Saturday. Even a victory will see them relegated if Walsall, Leyton Orient and Oldham all win.Chesterfield will be relegated if they lose to Hartlepool and even a win may not be enough if results elsewhere go against them. Exeter will go down if they do not beat Dale and other results do not go their way.

Npower League Two
Swindon will go up if they beat Plymouth on Saturday and Crawley lose to AFC Wimbledon. Toquay United and Shrewsbury Town occupy the other two automatic promotion spots but are 7 points back from Swindon.
At the bottom of League two it still looks like a three way battle to stay out of the two relegation spots which are currently occupied by Macclesfield and Hereford but Barnet who are just above the drop are no means out of trouble yet.

I will keep this thread updated between now and the end of the season :thumbsup:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Portsmouth is by far my favourite relegation issue. I can't WAIT.

I know that will come as a surprise to many.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Portsmouth is by far my favourite relegation issue. I can't WAIT.

I know that will come as a surprise to many.

Its a hell of a thing to admit, but i wanted them to win last night (but still go down). My thinking was that it was in our interests for Millwall to still have something to play for when they meet Leicester and Blackpool.

Obviously I shall join you in raising a glass to the latest installment in Portsmouth's demise.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Didnt someone come up from the Conference last night... team playing Wrexham?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fleetwood have 102 points already :O and they aren't up yet as they only drew with Wrexham last night.

Edit: Need to beat Lincoln on Friday night to clinch promotion and the conference title

isnt that Alan navarro's team?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I feel for Rochdale. It took them about forty years to get out of the basement and after only two seasons they're going back there. Nice set of fans also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here