Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some interesting numbers re The Amex...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
£593 spent with £37 credit still on the card for the last two (hopefully 3) home games left! :ohmy: Need to check my mates out now, if he has spent no where near what I have, my suspicions that I buy most of the beers will be correct!:lolol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
In this day and age with all the grief I get at work etc - there is no better tonic for me than standing in the
concourse of WSU pre-match with a pint. I think I might have cracked up a long time ago without this to
look forward to.

The football ain't bad either <snigger>

lovely little post. i feel like this sometime when i climb those stairs and the busy happy concourse opens out in front of me. never fails to bring a little smile to my face

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
As one of the oldsters who doesn't add much to the Compleat Todgers matchday experience,can I add that I arrive at the ground twenty minutes before kick off,have three pints of Harveys to add to those taken at the Lord Nelson,don't often eat a pie,but do have time to reflect on the fact that at a lot of clubs at my age I would get concessionary prices,but at the Amex I do not.

Off with their heads !

tremendous work sir!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
lovely little post. i feel like this sometime when i climb those stairs and the busy happy concourse opens out in front of me. never fails to bring a little smile to my face

Me too, though I'd describe mine as a "silly grin". It's a brilliant antidote to real life.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Yes on both counts. WSU was severely short of pies at all stages. Dick's was farcical with a half hour wait to get served from 6.10pm to 6.40pm.

The incompetence is so blindingly obvious it can be very frustrating. Why no pre-poured pints or pairs of staff pouring/taking money in Dick's...?

Supply in WSU was fine at 7:25 - plenty of pies, plenty of people waiting to buy them, plenty of people aalready enjoyoing them

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I have a feeling there were new staff in there. Certainly Debs was dishing out the bollockings.

Incompetence is a bit strong, to the point of being wrong. It's an abberation that Dick's was such a mess - normally, the staff in there work very well.

There were new staff all over the place - barely recognised a face in the WSU central refreshment kisok. But I did notice the welcome return of the Harveys mini bars - hurrah!!!!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The incompetence is so blindingly obvious it can be very frustrating. Why no pre-poured pints or pairs of staff pouring/taking money in Dick's...?

This frustrates me. There are two people in the WSU bar, one is pouring as he gets an order and then taking payment, whilst the other is supervising. Even the newest bar staff should know that you can pour a pint and take payment for the previous one at the same time.

Ordinarily I'd not mind, but at half time in a queue of 30 people?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I love the West Stand Upper concourse. Gazing out over the Downs whilst munching a pie and supping a pint of Harveys with my Dad, possibly with a bit of footie on the telly in the background (and all in the warm and dry! ) is my idea of a good relaxing time.

Probably spend about £9.50 per match on top of my season ticket btw.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This frustrates me. There are two people in the WSU bar, one is pouring as he gets an order and then taking payment, whilst the other is supervising. Even the newest bar staff should know that you can pour a pint and take payment for the previous one at the same time.

Ordinarily I'd not mind, but at half time in a queue of 30 people?

Not in the WSU central bar. Excellent systsem there ..... Two people pouring continually so constant supply is maintained. Server just has to turn around and reach for a pie and then walk back acouple of tseps to pick up a point - worked beautifully for me on Tuesady

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Additional in Dick's - I asked for a Balti pie, which confused the (new) person.

I received a chicken pie, though to be fair, he didn't really stand a chance as it was labelled Steak & Ale AND Chicken Pie... :facepalm:

Actually, I didn't mind, cos all the pies are great. Just suffice to say that, like many before me, I lost out in the Pie Roulette.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There definitely NEEDS to be at least one till on each "food/beer" outlet with an ecash/amex payment ONLY.

Also ZERO tolerance on other forms of payment (at busy times). f***ing hate getting stuck behind people fiddling with cash or cc. Pint and pie there is my card WALLOP onto the next one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and spend about £400 in total on scoff and drink and the odd bit on merch.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There definitely NEEDS to be at least one till on each "food/beer" outlet with an ecash/amex payment ONLY.

Also ZERO tolerance on other forms of payment (at busy times). f***ing hate getting stuck behind people fiddling with cash or cc. Pint and pie there is my card WALLOP onto the next one.

Who are all these IDIOTS paying with cash? There are definitely more than there should be, given that everyone up there (or at least 80% every game) is a STH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here