Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Please stop this :facepalm:

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground I've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground I've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

Funny but I thought this was one match when we didn't clap. All I could hear was mass booing from where I sat.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

This - I freaking hate it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Funny but I thought this was one match when we didn't clap. All I could hear was mass booing from where I sat.

Saw the East stand clapping , whilst most around me in the North were booing , I was not caring either way.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
West Lower near away fans was def not clapping them

Weird, that's where I sit and generally I think we're quite hostile, but couldn't believe the amount of people around me applauding.

Think the only way it'll stop too is if the club stop announcing the away attendance on the tannoy.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
North Stand and clapped. Football is changing. Get over it.

f***ing hippie!

I go by how much I've enjoyed the game, If they've been a exciting side fun to watch like the Boro game I clap, if it is a team who 'do a Cardiff' and park the bus I'll boo.

Which means last night I was booing whilst clapping :laugh:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I booed and clapped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here