Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. Don't mind a bit a of banter but utter hatred including homophobic and racist abuse should just not be tolerated and I personally won't return to a club where the atmosphere is aggressive - with a small child why would I?

Unless you are an ignoramus who thinks it is alright.

This digresses though. We should be seen as a good club to come to with great fans and a welcoming atmosphere. If you want the Amex to be a place that is the complete opposite, somewhere you wouldn't even think of taking your child to a game and relish the idea of abusing other fans and getting involved in a scrap, then go support elsewhere. Again exaggeration and I'm sure that isn't the case but what harm can applause do? Don't like it? Don't do it, I don't care but why criticise those trying to create a positive atmosphere - it can only further the club's profile and the idea of a COMMUNITY stadium.
sanatised football :whistle:

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. Don't mind a bit a of banter but utter hatred including homophobic and racist abuse should just not be tolerated and I personally won't return to a club where the atmosphere is aggressive - with a small child why would I?

Unless you are an ignoramus who thinks it is alright.

This digresses though. We should be seen as a good club to come to with great fans and a welcoming atmosphere. If you want the Amex to be a place that is the complete opposite, somewhere you wouldn't even think of taking your child to a game and relish the idea of abusing other fans and getting involved in a scrap, then go support elsewhere. Again exaggeration and I'm sure that isn't the case but what harm can applause do? Don't like it? Don't do it, I don't care but why criticise those trying to create a positive atmosphere - it can only further the club's profile and the idea of a COMMUNITY stadium.
but these people are in the minority who clap and their making us look muggy , no ones talking about abusing away fans i don't know why you brought that up, how many people by the way do you see clapping where you sit ???

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
but these people are in the minority who clap and their making us look muggy , no ones talking about abusing away fans i don't know why you brought that up, how many people by the way do you see clapping where you sit ???

I brought it up as you mentioned listening to chants and fully explained my point, or so I thought. As for us abusing away fans, plenty has been mentioned about booing their attendance in this thread and I did use the phrase "an exaggeration".

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
can you imagine people going back home and saying i'll go back to the Amex, they clapped us ..................... :lolol:

Ok, when you put it like that, it sounds a bit tame. But its all the little things put together that makes a great day out. The local beverage, the coloured concourse, the great pies, the friendly atmosphere. We want Brighton away to be a fixture that a lot of fans first look for and plan to make a weekend of it.

Jan 30, 2008
ok, when you put it like that, it sounds a bit tame. But its all the little things put together that makes a great day out. The local beverage, the coloured concourse, the great pies, the friendly atmosphere. We want brighton away to be a fixture that a lot of fans first look for and plan to make a weekend of it.
even worse " the coloured concourse" :rolleyes:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Now that's BULLSHIT. I've lived in Whitehawk for 12-13 years and walk round with my Albion shirt on and people have nothing but NICE things to say about the club.

not at all. i think it was 2 lads outside the coop, with one girl. The only nice thing was said by a bloke with his kids that walked by. This was by coop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here