Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barnes the latest Albion Boo boys favourite?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
After the deafening Abuse Barnes seem to get last night is he now installed as teh latest Boo Boys favourite and does he deserve this tag? and is he in the same league as Codner as a figure of hate?

I actually don't think he deserves it but it seems many get enjoyment from slating him whenever and as loudly as possible.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
don't remeber the boo boy culture at THE GOLDSTONE , perhaps it came about as a general sign of disgruntlement of our position after having to share with gills and then back to withers Whatever the reason ,if these tards think that players go out to put in a shyte performance on purpose......well they are just that..........it is difficult to watch your team loose though....i DO remember that.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
don't remeber the boo boy culture at THE GOLDSTONE , perhaps it came about as a general sign of disgruntlement of our position after having to share with gills and then back to withers Whatever the reason ,if these tards think that players go out to put in a shyte performance on purpose......well they are just that..........it is difficult to watch your team loose though....i DO remember that.

Codner used to get unprecedented abuse - I'm sure some nobhead interupted a minutes silence once possibly against Swindon to berate him.

I really must get my ears tested, I didn't hear one boo of Barnes last night from WSU H. Quite the reverse in fact some were even going way over the top praising him.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I didn't hear any boo's or even a anti Barnes comment, Well I heard a few f*** sake Barnes types when he missed the pen but then that done to anyone who misses a ball.

He used to get loads of abuse, Unfairly too so it's been a welcome reprieve.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I personally think that because Barnes is ALWAYS played out of position, this is the main contributing fact as to why he gets so much abuse, or has gotten so much abuse.

When will people learn that he is a striker and only a striker. He isnt a midfielder, far from it. When he gets in the box poacher style, i think he would score more goals than CMS and Vokes.

someone like 'Freddie Goodwin' might be able might be able to shed some light but I seem to remember Maybank used to get slagged off by some in the North Stand to the stage that I lost my voice

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
After the deafening Abuse Barnes seem to get last night is he now installed as teh latest Boo Boys favourite and does he deserve this tag? and is he in the same league as Codner as a figure of hate?

I actually don't think he deserves it but it seems many get enjoyment from slating him whenever and as loudly as possible.

In the days of the internet I think it is called trolling...First Barnes,then CMS...starting on Gus now....short memories and the yearning for INSTANT success...thought we were there to support the team,not slag them off....yes I know it's opinions but please keep the criticism to constructive levels...not yell abuse at our own players....if you feel the urgent need to swear then go ahead........that's what refs are there for...

D

Deleted member 18477

Barnes is rubbish...

... As a left winger. FFS gus get him in front of goal more. Don't play CMS and play 2 wingers!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Northstand B Block very unfunny abusive wisecracker wasn't there last night so not a bad word was said against anyone. The world is clearly a better place when someone isn't there telling you it isn't.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The fact is Barnes always seems to get grief and probably always will. Why? Because of his demeanor. He's aggressive and dour and appears to always be trying to prove a point when he plays. I personally love him as player but he's always first to get stick from those who love to moan.

CMS on the other hand goes out of his way to play to the crowd. He's smiles and waves and applauds, is personable when interviewed and we all love him for it - even when he's not played well. He only needs to score and he's golden boy again while Barnes scores and they very next game he's slagged off by our minority of idiot fans again.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
don't remeber the boo boy culture at THE GOLDSTONE

Incredible amnesia!
Only during the Stanley-Archer-Bellotti asset strip seasons did the moaning subside. BHA fans are magnificent moaners. The Goldsone was the Nou Camp of moaning.
Notable victims include:
Dennis Windross
Teddy Maybank
Brian Tawse
Robert Codner
Bill Cassidy
Tony Nicholas
Richard Tiltman (deservedly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here