Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bunch of pigs need to get off cms back!

storer

Nov 28, 2010
This is getting beyond a joke having to watch and read all these comments coming from people who know little or have been tanked up on beer whilst watching the games slate him....

please just go to the next game...watch his runs off the ball which gives our poor full backs an option everytime... his runs which take defenders away and leave vicente with space...

last night...
first 10 mins his movement and touch an go attitude was spot on...his high tempo from the front didnt allow reading to play from the back or full there full backs...
he should of had a penalty...again from good movement...
second half... would of scored against any other keeper in the league...
and yes late on when he did go quiet was when jara reyes and calderon couldnt pick a forward pass into the space!!!

SHAL WE HAVE A VOTE...
CMS
CHRIS WOOD(how many goals this year?)
MURRAY (how many goals this year?)
PAYNTER (where has he been since)
VOKES (how many goals this year and every other loan club at this level?)
BARNES (only scores pens...well nearly)

think about it before you regret it next year an were back to a lump upfront who doesnt jump run score pass or care

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would go for Murray out of all of those. Brings SO much more than goals to the game.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
This is getting beyond a joke having to watch and read all these comments coming from people who know little or have been tanked up on beer whilst watching the games slate him....

please just go to the next game...watch his runs off the ball which gives our poor full backs an option everytime... his runs which take defenders away and leave vicente with space...

last night...
first 10 mins his movement and touch an go attitude was spot on...his high tempo from the front didnt allow reading to play from the back or full there full backs...
and yes late on when he did go quiet was when jara reyes and calderon couldnt pick a forward pass into the space!!!

SHAL WE HAVE A VOTE...
CMS

think about it before you regret it next year an were back to a lump upfront who doesnt jump run score pass or care

100% agree, i still think he'll score goals, he has been very unlucky in the scoring stakes if you ask me. I was certain that one 2nd half was going in. And yes, easily our best striker. And even when he is in bags of space, no-one seems to notice.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
CMS does run his socks off and does contribute, I don't think anyone is doubting that. However he is our record signing and was bought to score 25+ a season, this hasn't worked after a lot of changing team & tactics.
I fully backed and supported CMS up until last night, I still like him and think he's a good player, but not what we thought we were spending £2.5 million on.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
murray offers more than goals...what and CMS doesnt?? prety sure he does...

correct he hasnt scored as many as he and us would of liked....ITS HIS FIRST FULL SEASON...i hope he bangs in 30 last year and i can post this thread again and laugh

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst

last night...

SHAL WE HAVE A VOTE...
CMS

Sorry but he was pi$$ poor last night. I do like him and I like his attitude but as as been said countless times he doesnt fit into out system. If we are not going to change our system we change our striker. Its all very well talking about the runs he makes and the fact is is full of energy but he needs to be in the box on the end of crosses as he is the only striker we are playing.

By the way Chris Wood I believe has 10 goals this season

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
correct he hasnt scored as many as he and us would of liked....ITS HIS FIRST FULL SEASON.

How is that relevant? A 27-28 year old professional player shouldn't need over a season to adust and magically improve his finishing and positioning. As I said, he is a good player, but not up to Top 6 Championship level. I really do say this begrudgingly as I really do like him, I think he puts in more effort than anyone else, the only problem is that he can't score.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He needs a strike partner to bring the best out of him but that's not the system that Gus wants to play.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Everybody was saying the same about Henry when he first joined Arsenal. He was useless for the first season, but look what happened after that. I am not suggesting the CMS is another Henry, but he could be in a similar situation where he hasn't settled yet. Its just a thought, that might be considered.:shrug:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Everybody was saying the same about Henry when he first joined Arsenal. He was useless for the first season, but look what happened after that. I am not suggesting the CMS is another Henry, but he could be in a similar situation where he hasn't settled yet. Its just a thought, that might be considered.:shrug:

But Henry was coming to a foreign country to play in a different league. CMS has come from Peterborough

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

So what are you suggesting then???

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
He won't get you promoted. He's not a natural goalscorer. He's a poor mans Brett Ormerod, works hard and chips in with 10ish goals a year. Look at the other teams strikers, the teams that are above you.

Saints: Lambert, Sharp, Lee, Connolly, Barnard
Reading: Roberts, Hunt, ALF, Church
West Ham: Cole, Maynard, Baldock, Vaz Te, Carew
Brum: King, Zigic, Folan, Rooney
Blackpool: Phillips, Lua Lua, Dobbie, Taylor-Fletcher, Ormerod
Cardiff: Miller, Mason, Earnshaw, Gestede
Boro: Emnes, McDonald, Jutkiewicz, Ogbeche
Leicester: Nugent, Beckford, Gallagher, Vassell

All of these teams have 2/3 top quality forwards and decent back up. Compare this to your front line, you just don't have the quality in this position, no real goal scorer. CMS has done it in league 1, and that's it. He's 28 and if he was any good someone would have picked him up a couple of years earlier.

Brighton: CMS, Barnes, Vokes

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
But Henry was coming to a foreign country to play in a different league. CMS has come from Peterborough

Yes that's true, but the football differs greatly between League 1 and the Championship.

So what are you suggesting then???

I wasn't really suggesting anything, I was just putting it out there. I don't know what the answer is. I just hate seeing these anti CMS, Barnes, Brezovan, Poyet threads. I agree its a message board made for peoples opinions. But these threads are too frequent, with some posters who just jump on the band wagon, just because we lost the previous match.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
and here we go again...negative comments...jesus christ haha

this whole 'he doesnt fit into our system' is rubbish...bet u werent sayin tht wen he scored a beaut against leeds...or palace (ignore the result)

u dont need a big target man to play like we do....u just need quality aka not reyes or barnes playing out wide

next season... next season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

this whole 'he doesnt fit into our system' is rubbish...bet u werent sayin tht wen he scored a beaut against leeds...or palace (ignore the result)

u dont need a big target man to play like we do....u just need quality aka not reyes or barnes playing out wide

Why are you acting like a cry baby just because others disagree about CMS's value to the team? No-one is "on his back". I presume you bother going to games? If so, you would KNOW that he is very well appreciated by our support. However, this is a message board and is used for sounding off. And guess what, on here most people disagree with you. Deal with it, rather than acting like a stroppy toddler.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

If you dont like the negativity then don't read the CMS thread's. He is not good enough. That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here