Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro, squad development and next season

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Navarro did have a really good game, and he has been decent in 2012. He knows he cant afford to have a poor game, not with his contract running out.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Navarro my MoM also. Roberts was giving Greer a torrid time before he switched with El-Abd, resulting in a mistake or two and a lot of shouting at his fellow players. I would imagine Adam is quietly pleased with his performance.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Navarro is shit. End of. The people who think he has a good game last night.....Seriously.
His only good tackle (On Roberts) was a result of him loosing the ball in the first place. Applauding that is like applauding away fans for turning up. A f***ing joke
He is a league one player. After the whole season of him I dont know what he does for us or what his role is in the team. He cant pass anywhere other than sideway or back (yesterdays 40yard ball that flew over KLL head, was the preceeded by Navs giving him a rollocking. Even Gus couldnt believe it) He doesnt win half as many tackles as Bridcutt, has no creativity and generally all round is a nothing player. We will not get better as a team by continually playing him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Navarro is shit. End of. The people who think he has a good game last night.....Seriously.
His only good tackle (On Roberts) was a result of him loosing the ball in the first place. Applauding that is like applauding away fans for turning up. A f***ing joke
He is a league one player. After the whole season of him I dont know what he does for us or what his role is in the team. He cant pass anywhere other than sideway or back (yesterdays 40yard ball that flew over KLL head, was the preceeded by Navs giving him a rollocking. Even Gus couldnt believe it) He doesnt win half as many tackles as Bridcutt, has no creativity and generally all round is a nothing player. We will not get better as a team by continually playing him.

As fishing posts go, I've seen better...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
thought the battle between Roberts a AEA was brilliant - a great wily striker up against a really solid experienced defender - i think they both enjoyed it and were both on the wind up. AEA embarassing at the end with the roling around on the floor - but thought Roberts could have had 2 yellows and or a straight red in first half. Navarro immense last night MOM very pleased for him unsung hero.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The big test for Alan Navarro will be Chris Hughton's Birmingham team. They are a pressing side (unlike Reading) so when Navarro is looking to pass out of defence he may find that there is obvious player to pass to, and he cannot dally on the ball, he cannot pass when the player he is passing to will run into trouble etc. In short, because he is not the greatest athlete he has to be super aware and it gets more difficult the higher standard you get. It is one of the most important positions as well.

A long time ago I had the same trouble when playing football. I did not have the stamina to run with the ball, and if the players on my space did not run into space I could not pass to them. I could weight a pass, and I did not telegraph what I was going to do. Being harried by someone like Macca was the worst thing though. I ended up passing to somebody square.

Summary: Razak was never going to stay.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Agreed and in my opinion he was carried by crofts when he last was doing o.k,very average league 1 player I'm afraid.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

You're going to have to do a lot better than that to kick off a fishing expedition. Your point of view needs to come across as contentious, not absurd

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
i agree, I think he is one of those rare souls in football that believes in loyalty, he fell out with valencia because he couldn't get fit (and they couldn't get him fit) which led to him falling out with the management. We have got him to 90-minute match fitness and he may feel that he owes us to stick with us, and he knows that if he does we will do our upmost to keep him fit and keep him playing. I don't think he would get the treatment he gets here, elsewhere, and he is the kind of player that would acknowledge this.

of course this is all speculation and thus must be regarded as utter bollocks.

Having a Spanish speaking manager and assistant could be another factor that might persuade Vicente to stay....

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Navarro was brilliant. My MoM for sure.
His passing was generally excellent, with practically every long ball finding its mark. Several (surprisingly) pacy runs up through the middle to start attacking moves and a decent shot towards the end, if he'd scored more people would've noticed him but I thought he was excellent.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Agreed and in my opinion he was carried by crofts when he last was doing o.k,very average league 1 player I'm afraid.

I don't think I've ever seen a post regarding football from you that I haven't thought was either strange or a load of bollocks, or both.

Dec 29, 2011
Navarro played very well last night, as he has done for a good while. Its a shame we have a better player in Bridcutt because playing them together seems like a bit of overkill.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Having a Spanish speaking manager and assistant could be another factor that might persuade Vicente to stay....

Very good point, I wonder how important his relationship with iñigo is like too? It must be hard on the pitch without a spanish speaking collegue to help you out.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Good post apart from one thing. Navarro was way ahead as MoM for me.

This season has been a blast. We're on course for our highest finish in 21 years; last night we were, at times, really cooking with gas. We're now an established Championship team, looking upwards for some glory. We've raised our own bar with the tempo that we should be playing at. We just need to improve on individual quality. But it will come.

Next season is going to be amazing.

I also had Navarro down for MoM

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Navarro is in a new contract syndrome,soon as he signs a new deal he'll be back to average.
Why ruin a creative thread. So players only play well if contracts are up for grabs. Maybe Navarro loves playing for the club as we treated him like a human being when we could have shut the door in his face.

Navarro week in week out plays the role that the manager wants him to play that's why he is selected week in week out.

Sorry Sir Albion but your just talking bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here