Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ban videoing of home penalties from the North Stand

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From the West Stand the North looked like a flippin Christmas tree. I reckon Barnes did well to even make contact with the ball with that much dazzling going on!!!

But also makes me think, if we concede a penalty down that end can literally everyone get their phones out and blind the spot kick taker please!!

portland101

Jan 20, 2012
I 100% agree, I was watching from the West Stand and everyone around me was saying how the hell can he score with all the flashes going off behind the goal! Then he missed!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
LOL ... I said that to my Mrs at the time ... I wanted to take a picture of those taking the pictures!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So in short the North Stand cost us the game. You total fuckers :)

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
You're joking right? I very much doubt, with all the light on the pitch, that the flashing made any difference at all. As a penalty taker you do not look through the goal anyway. It's crazy to think this would have any impact on a penalty taker.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
FFS NORTH STAND We need a smiley for that.

:laugh:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Make everyone in the stadium remain silent and not move a muscle either .....

I'd go further and ask the whole ground too hold their breath for a couple of mins just so he is in the zone like.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I don't think it was the camera's filming the penalty that made Barnes miss, it was the Reading's gamesmanship that caused it!

I've never seen a team chat to the ref, take their time getting ready around the box, etc. Barnes did try and keep his composure, and Federchi made a good stop, but was lucky the ball didn't rebound to one of our players :censored:

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Shall we suggest in future playing games behind closed doors just incase we distract the players ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Out of interest did anyone get a picture of the North stand lit up like a Christmas tree? I'd love to see it might even use it as a christmas card.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
yep dazzling , how he even managed to get it on target is a mystery , and that big bright telly looking thingy dont help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here