Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offsides

Does anyone recall an offside decision from last night because I can't. If there wasn't one that must be quite an unusual occurrence and, in the context of last night, certainly added to the flow of the match.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shots on target
Brighton 8
Reading 2

Shots off target
Brighton 6
Reading 5

Corners
Brighton 7 (should have been 8)
Reading 8

Offsides
Brighton 0
Reading 0

Possession
Brighton 48%
Reading 52%

Fouls won
Brighton 16
Reading 8

Shots on target
Brighton 8
Reading 2

Shots off target
Brighton 6
Reading 5

Corners
Reading 8

Offsides
Brighton 0
Reading 0

Possession
Brighton 48%
Reading 52%

Fouls won
Brighton 16
Reading 8

Thanks - I am glad I am not going mad. I wonder how unusual that is statistically. Mind you those possession stats look a bit suspect to me.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
made for a very free flowing match, don't suspect there are many games where there are none called

pea

Dec 28, 2011
North Laine
We don't usually have any offsides due to the way our strikers play and last night the defence were playing deep so you were unlikely to get any either. Completely depends on how the teams line up tbh

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Shots on target
Brighton 8
Reading 2

Shots off target
Brighton 6
Reading 5

Corners
Reading 8

Offsides
Brighton 0
Reading 0

Possession
Brighton 48%
Reading 52%

Fouls won
Brighton 16
Reading 8

whatever you say, [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], those possession statistics are way better than the ones bouncing around after the game. The ones where the Royals had something like 60-70% of the ball.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
whatever you say, [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], those possession statistics are way better than the ones bouncing around after the game. The ones where the Royals had something like 60-70% of the ball.

Not me, those are the Sky Sports stats

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
We don't usually have any offsides due to the way our strikers play and last night the defence were playing deep so you were unlikely to get any either. Completely depends on how the teams line up tbh

did you see Murray last season? ha!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I swear there was an offside in the second half as I remember someone commenting on it being the first one.

I swear there was an offside in the second half as I remember someone commenting on it being the first one.
I thought there was - but it was one of those offsides that happened so far into the penalty area, with the ball going out of play, that the outcome was indistinguishable from a goal kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here